Neurim's paediatric prolonged-release Melatonin is an age-appropriate drug targeted to treat sleep disorders in children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and neurogenetic diseases. It is expected to be the first sleep medication approved for children.
The collaboration with Exeltis will help increase the accessibility of the new drug to children and their families. "We are delighted to be working with Exeltis and bring this much needed treatment to Spain. Neurim continues to focus on executing its goal of making PedPRM commercially available in all markets," said Sharon Elkobi, VP Business Development of Neurim Pharmaceuticals.
Alberto Fábregas, Managing Director of Exeltis Healthcare in Spain added, "We will be working hard with Neurim to bring this much needed treatment to these children suffering from insomnia in Spain. We are proud of our cooperation with Neurim that started as licensees of Circadin in Spain. This new agreement will reinforce our specialization in insomnia and our presence in Neurology."
PedPRM is a response to an unmet clinical need in the field of paediatric insomnia, specifically developed to address main concerns in children with ASD and neurogenetic diseases. PedPRM is an age-appropriate formulation designed for populations with swallowing difficulties.
PedPRM completed a Phase III study, under EU-PIP and US-FDA IND, showing positive top-line results. The drug met the primary efficacy endpoint demonstrating statistically significant improvement in Total Sleep Time (TST) compared to placebo. Secondary efficacy endpoints demonstrating improvements in sleep initiation and maintenance were met as well.
About Neurim Pharmaceuticals
Neurim Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (http://www.neurim.com) is a neuroscience drug discovery and development company. Its first approved drug Circadin® is commercially available in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. The company has a strong and innovative product pipeline intended for insomnia, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, glaucoma and pain.
Exeltis, the branded pharmaceutical division of Chemo Group, combines the knowledge and experience gained by the group in almost forty years with the values of entrepreneurial spirit, diversity and excellence. With a sound positioning in the Women's Health, CNS, Respiratory, Dermatology and Ophthalmology, it has a portfolio of almost 300 medicines and presence in more than 40 countries.
VP Business Development
|SOURCE Neurim Pharmaceuticals|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Neurim Pharmaceuticals Grants Aspen Australia Marketing Rights for Paediatric Prolonged-Release Melatonin ("PedPRM") in Australia and New Zealand
2. Neurim Pharmaceuticals Paediatric Prolonged-Release Melatonin (PedPRM) to be Marketed by Biocodex in France
3. Cumberland Pharmaceuticals To Present At The UBS Global Healthcare Conference In New York
4. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Resignation of Dr. Laurence Paul from Valeants Board of Directors
5. DelMar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Provides Corporate Update for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2013
6. Access Pharmaceuticals Reports First Quarter Results
7. The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Genomic Health, Sanofi, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Amgen and Isis Pharmaceuticals
8. Actinium Pharmaceuticals Clinical Results to be Presented at 8th International Symposium on Targeted Alpha Therapy Conference
9. AcelRx Pharmaceuticals to Present at the UBS Global Healthcare Conference
10. Aveo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Sued by Investor
11. Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. To Contact The Firm