Research and development expense in the first quarter of 2013 was $45.6 million as compared to $35.1 million for the first quarter of 2012. R&D expense was higher in the first quarter of 2013 reflecting the costs of the etirinotecan pegol (NKTR-102) BEACON Phase 3 study, the production of devices for the Phase 3 study of Amikacin Inhale, and Phase 2 studies for NKTR-181.
General and administrative expense was $11.1 million in the first quarter of 2013 as compared to $10.4 million in the first quarter of 2012.
Non-cash interest expense was $5.5 million in the first quarter of 2013 as compared to $1.8 million in the first quarter of 2012. The company incurred non-cash interest expense as a result of the sale of future royalties related to Cimzia® and Mircera®.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2013 was $55.1 million or $0.48 loss per share as compared to $41.1 million or $0.36 loss per share in the first quarter of 2012.
The company also announced upcoming presentations at the following medical meetings and scientific congresses during the first half of 2013:
American Pain Society 32nd Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA:
Digestive Disease Week 2013, Orlando, FL:
SOURCE Nektar Therapeutics
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Nektar to Announce Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2013 on Thursday, May 9, 2013, After Close of U.S.-Based Financial Markets
2. Nektar Therapeutics to Present at the 33rd Annual Cowen and Company Healthcare Conference in Boston
3. Nektar Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2012 Financial Results
4. Nektar To Host Conference Call To Discuss The Positive Phase 3 Clinical Results For Naloxegol
5. Nektar Announces that FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to Etirinotecan Pegol (NKTR-102) for the Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer
6. Nektar to Announce Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2012 On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, After Close of U.S.-Based Financial Markets
7. Nektar Therapeutics President and CEO, Howard W. Robin, To Present at the UBS 2012 Global Life Sciences Conference in New York City
8. Nektar Therapeutics Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter of 2012
9. Nektar Announces Initiation of Investigator-Sponsored Trial Evaluating Etirinotecan Pegol (NKTR-102) in Patients with Bevacizumab (Avastin)-resistant High-Grade Glioma
10. Nektar Announces Start of Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of NKTR-181, a Novel Opioid Analgesic Molecule, for Treatment of Chronic Pain
11. Nektar Announces that FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to NKTR-181, a New Oral Opioid Analgesic Molecule, for the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Chronic Pain