Notes to editors
About Nabriva Therapeutics AG
Nabriva Therapeutics is a biotechnology company focused on developing a new class of antibiotics, the pleuromutilins, for the treatment of patients with serious infections caused by multi-drug resistant pathogens. Nabriva's world-class medicinal chemistry expertise has achieved an industry first with the development of both intravenously administered and orally available pleuromutilins that are therefore ideal for i.v. to oral switch therapy.
Nabriva's lead product lefamulin (BC‑3781) is about to enter Phase 3 clinical studies. Due to its broad spectrum, oral and i.v. formulations, and a favourable safety profile, lefamulin is the first of a new class of antibiotics ideally positioned for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP), plus hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (HABP/VABP), as well as acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI), with potential in several other indications (sexually transmitted infections including MDR gonorrhoea; osteomyelitis) including paediatric use.
Nabriva's preclinical program, the Extended Spectrum Pleuromutilins (ESPs) expands the activity of pleuromutilins to include major enteric Gram-negative pathogens such as E. coli and K. pneumoniae. The targeted indications for the ESP extend beyond the current use of the first-generation pleuromutilins, thereby filling important gaps in treatment options of both marketed antibiotics and compounds in development.
For further information, please contact:
Nabriva Therapeutics AG
Dr Colin Broom, Chief Executive Officer
Mary Clark, Supriya Mathur, Holli
SOURCE Nabriva Therapeutics AG
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) to Report First Quarter Financial Results on April 20
2. Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Substantial Losses Investing in Chelsea Therapeutics International, Ltd. to Contact the Firm
3. Argos Therapeutics Secures $25 million Series D Financing to Commence Phase 3 ADAPT Study in Patients with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) in Mid-2012
4. Novelos Therapeutics Announces Successful Completion of First Cohort In Lung Cancer Trial With I-124-CLR1404 (LIGHT) Cancer-Targeted PET Imaging Agent at UW Carbone Cancer Center
5. Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Eli Lilly, Forest Labs, ViroPharma, Novartis and United Therapeutics
6. Oxford BioTherapeutics Appoints Senior Industry Leader to Head its New Clinical Development Operations in Basel, Switzerland
7. Nektar Therapeutics Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2012
8. Cara Therapeutics Licenses Novel Kappa Opioid Agonist, CR845, to Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical Corporation For South Korean Market
9. Frost & Sullivan: High Uptake of New Drug Therapies and Aging Population Expansion Keep the U.S. Retinal Therapeutics Market Buoyant
10. Zenobia Therapeutics, Inc. And BioBlocks, Inc. Announce Sale Of A Joint Fragment Library Ideal For Screening By All Popular Methods
11. New Forecast Shows Global Protein Therapeutics Market to Reach $143.4 Billion by 2015