WASHINGTON, Feb. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To examine key issues around asymmetries, or inequalities, in communicating health information coming from the growing body of comparative effectiveness research (CER), the National Pharmaceutical Council, the National Health Council and WellPoint are sponsoring a conference, Asymmetry in the Ability to Communicate CER Findings: Ethics and Issues for Informed Decision Making.
With billions of dollars in funding being invested in comparative effectiveness research, patients, providers, payers and other health care decision-makers will have more information than ever before about the safety and effectiveness of treatment options. However, not all stakeholders have equal ability to share information in the current regulatory environment. The conference will facilitate discussion about the information needs of patients, payers and other stakeholders, and how the First Amendment and other legal issues apply. Presenters will share with attendees a proposed ethical framework for communicating CER information.
Who: Confirmed speakers include:
- Arthur Caplan, PhD, Director, Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania
- Susan Dentzer, Editor-in-Chief, Health Affairs/Project HOPE
- Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD, Chief Science Officer, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Scott Gottlieb, MD, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Stephen Hume, PsyD, Alzheimer's patient representative, and his care partner, Candace Darcy
- Aaron S. Kesselheim, MD, JD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Joshua D. Lenchus, DO, RPh, FACP, Associate Director, University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital Center for Patient Safety, and Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Gerald F. Masoudi, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Steven J. Romano, MD, Senior Vice President, Head, Medicines Development Group, Primary Care Business, Pfizer Inc
- Robert J. Temple, MD, Deputy Center Director for Clinical Science, U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, and Acting Deputy Director of the FDA's Office of Drug Evaluation I
- Tevi Troy, PhD, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, and former Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Marcus Wilson, PharmD, President, HealthCore
When: Thursday, February 9, 2012, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The conference will open at 8:30 a.m. for registration and a continental breakfast.
Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel, 2500 Calvert St. NW, Washington, D.C.
Registration is complimentary at http://www.npcnow.org/asym12.
To join the conversation on Twitter, use the hashtag #asym12.
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE National Pharmaceutical Council|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Webcast Alert: Heska Announces Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2011 Earnings Conference Call Webcast2
. Stryker Presents Results of the TREVO Prospective Clinical Study at the International Stroke Conference3
. American Pacific to Release Financial Results and Hold Fiscal 2012 First Quarter Investor Teleconference4
. CryoLife Announces Release Date and Teleconference Call Details for 2011 Fourth Quarter and Year End Financial Results5
. Winner Medical Group Inc. to Host First Quarter 2012 Earnings Conference Call on Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 08:00 p.m. EST6
. Vision-Sciences, Inc. to Webcast, Live, at RetailInvestorConferences.com on February 2nd7
. ThermoGenesis Provides Update on Res-Q® Clinical Evaluations at Leading Stem Cell Therapy Conference8
. Hill-Rom to Participate in the Leerink Swann 2012 Global Healthcare Conference9
. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Leerink Swann 2012 Global Healthcare Conference10
. Regeneron to Report Full Year 2011 Financial and Operating Results and Host Conference Call and Webcast on February 16, 201211
. Palomar Medical Technologies to Host Fourth Quarter and Year End 2011 Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast on February 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM Eastern Time