BOULDER, Colo., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- N30 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("N30 Pharma") a leader in the development of therapeutics that target S-nitrosoglutathione reductase (GSNOR), announced today that it has administered the first dose in its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial of N6022 in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF). The study is a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled evaluation of ascending doses of N6022 in patients who have two copies of the F508del-CFTR mutation, the most common and serious form of CF.
The clinical study announced today is being conducted in collaboration with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Therapeutics Development Network (TDN), and the lead principal investigator for the study is Scott Donaldson , M.D., at The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. The first patient was dosed this week at National Jewish Health in Denver. The primary objective of the study is to evaluate the safety of repeat doses of N6022. Secondary and exploratory objectives include the evaluation of N6022 serum levels, lung function, and other markers of disease activity in CF.
"We are indebted to the cystic fibrosis clinicians and nurses who have given us such valuable advice, to the members of the TDN who have been instrumental in getting this first trial started, and to the patients who will be volunteering for participation. With this first trial, we look forward to paving the way to a new class of therapy for cystic fibrosis," said Charles Scoggin , M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of N30 Pharma.
About Cystic FibrosisCystic fibrosis is the most common, life-threatening, genetic disease of Caucasians, affecting approximately 30,000 people in the United States and 70,000 people worldwide. Approximately 48% of the total CF patient population, in the U
SOURCE N30 Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Savient Pharmaceuticals to Hold First Quarter 2012 Financial Results Conference Call on Wednesday, May 9, 2012
2. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Deutsche Bank 37th Annual Healthcare Conference
3. Nouveau Life Pharmaceuticals (HRID) Contracts with U.S. Manufacturer to Produce New Female Supplement
4. BioElectronics Survey Indicates a Five-Fold Superior Pain Relief Compared to OTC Pharmaceuticals
5. Icahn Issues Statement Regarding Amylin Pharmaceuticals
6. Almost 50 Percent of the Glaucoma Patient Population Remains Untreated, Signifying a Vast Market for Glaucoma Pharmaceuticals, Finds Frost & Sullivan
7. Omthera Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Top-Line Results from Phase 3 EVOLVE Study
8. Onyx Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Advisory Committee to Review Carfilzomib for the Treatment of Patients with Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma
9. Jazz Pharmaceuticals Announces First Quarter 2012 Financial Results Conference Call On May 8, 2012
10. Inovio Pharmaceuticals Granted U.S. Patent Protection for Synthetic Vaccine for Cervical Dysplasia and Cancer
11. Avanir Pharmaceuticals To Present at Three Conferences In May