Seventure venture partner Robert Schier, PhD noted that: "Middle Peak has a breakthrough technology that addresses a vast unmet need in the treatment of cardiac disease. We have every confidence in Dr. Lesh and Mr. Khairkhahan, who have previously brought a number of medical devices from conception to successful market entry, and are thrilled to add such well-regarded investors to our syndicate, and to expand our lead investment."
About Middle Peak Medical
Middle Peak Medical is a privately held medical device company, focused on developing a break-through device to meet unmet needs in the treatment of mitral valve disease. The Company's technology has application in both minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and catheter-based percutaneous intervention. Mitral regurgitation (MR) is the most common form of heart valve disease in the U.S. and Europe, with moderate to severe disease affecting 1-2% of the population. Normally, the mitral valve closes when the main pumping chamber of the heart, the left ventricle, contracts, preventing oxygen-carrying blood from flowing backward into the left atrium. MR occurs when the valve fails to seal completely. Patients with MR can experience difficulty breathing, weakness, heart failure, and even death.
Middle Peak Medical currently has operating entities in Germany and the United States.
About Wellington Partners
Wellington Partners is among the most successful pan-European Venture Capital firms. With more than € 800 million under management and offices in Munich, London and <
SOURCE Middle Peak Medical
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Decision Resources Market Access Tracker Now Covers the Middle East and Africa
2. Middle East & Africa Medical Device Market Reports
3. New Findings Offer Systemic Solutions to Address Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs) in Low- and Middle-income Countries
4. Middle East and Africa Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Respiratory Devices, Respiratory Measurement Devices, Anesthesia Machines, Sleep Apnea Diagnostic Systems, Pain Management Devices and Others
5. More than Morning Sickness: Kate Middletons Pregnancy Announcement Draws Attention to Rare Pregnancy Condition Known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG)
6. Oncobiologics and Boston Oncology Team Up to Deliver Biosimilar Therapies for Cancer and Immune Disease to Middle East and North African Markets
7. New Study Highlights Enabling Factors for Biopharmaceutical Innovation in Middle-Income Countries
8. Emerging Pharmaceutical Markets in the Middle East
9. montméd, Inc. to Market FRiO Insulin Wallets in 20 countries of Middle East and North Africa
10. Middle East and Africa ENT Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Diagnostic Devices, Hearing Aid Devices, Hearing Implants and Others
11. Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Pick Up Momentum, According To Pulaski & Middleman, LLC