About the MiStent SES
The MiStent Sirolimus Eluting Absorbable Polymer Coronary Stent System (MiStent SES®) is designed to optimize healing in patients with coronary artery disease. MiStent's rapidly absorbable coating is intended to precisely and consistently control drug elution and limit polymer exposure duration to reduce the safety risks associated with current commercially available drug-eluting stent technologies.
The innovative MiStent SES system includes a proprietary stent coating that contains crystalline drug (sirolimus) and an absorbable polymer. The coating provides controlled and sustained release of therapeutic levels of drug as the polymer softens and disperses from the stent into the adjacent tissue. These properties are intended to enhance safety as compared to conventional permanent polymer DES.
Using an approved drug (sirolimus) and polymer (PLGA), Micell's patented supercritical fluid technology allows a rigorously controlled drug/polymer coating to be applied to a bare-metal stent. The MiStent SES leverages the benefits of Eurocor's (CE Marked) Genius® MAGIC Cobalt Chromium Coronary Stent System, a state-of-the-art bare-metal stent, which has demonstrated excellent deliverability, conformability and flexibility.
Results of animal studies have determined that the coating is cleared from the stent in 45 to 60 days leaving a bare metal stent and the polymer is completely absorbed into the surrounding tissue within 90 days to promote long-term patency and compatibility with the artery.
Micell was granted CE (Conformite Europeenne) Mark approval for MiStent SES for the European Economic Union in June 2013, but is not approved in the United States
SOURCE Micell Technologies
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Micell Technologies Receives CE Mark Approval for MiStent SES
2. Micell Technologies Announces Issuance of Core Technology Patent
3. Life Technologies and Advanced Cell Diagnostics Sign Global Distribution Agreement
4. RF Technologies Introduces New CodeWatch Designs for Wandering Management Solution
5. Palatin Technologies, Inc. To Report Fiscal Year 2013 Fourth Quarter Results
6. Emerging Drug Delivery Technologies, Profiles of Start-ups and Early-Stage Companies
7. BioLife Solutions and SAVSU Technologies Announce Exclusive Distribution Agreement
8. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. to Present at the Aegis Capital 2013 Healthcare Conference
9. Verde Environmental Technologies Wins National Contract from NIDA/NIH for Development of Home Drug Deactivation System
10. VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies Secures Up To $15MM To Accelerate Growth Of Its Novel Treatment For Age-Related Macular Degeneration
11. Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies Announces Screw Connections Based on Hygienic Design Consistently Achievable