BROOKLYN, N.Y., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to assist New Yorkers recover from Hurricane Sandy, MetroStar, a privately owned Home Health Products company available at http://www.MetroStarDME.com, will be accepting donations of canned goods, nonperishable items and household items. Increasing their efforts, they have now set up a unique text number to have the MetroStar drivers come and pick up items from those New Yorkers unable to fuel their own vehicles. Text getmystuff to 69302 and a MetroStar representative will call you to schedule your pickup. As thousands of families in the tri-state area remain without homes, power and transportation, MetroStar is committed to assisting all New Yorkers in their recover and rebuild effort.
"We are a Brooklyn based company; our employees, families and patients have been directly affected by this devastation, we need to do something!" stated Isaac Newman, Chief Operating Officer at MetroStar.
The MetroStar team is currently stationed at their Brooklyn showroom and are ready to accept donations.
MetroStar is now collaborating with Council Member Jumaane D. Williams to ensure that all items are distributed to local families in need. "As tough as the situation has been in East Flatbush and the surrounding neighborhoods, it sadly does not compare to the devastation felt by some around the city. From Staten Island to the Rockaways, New Yorkers are literally picking up the pieces of their lives. In our own borough of Brooklyn, places like Coney Island, Gerristen Beach and Canarsie are struggling. We cannot stand by while our friends suffer, which is why I am proud to collaborate with MetroStar on the collection and distribution of essential donations to help recover from Hurricane Sandy."
Located at 5359 Kings Highway, MetroStar stays committed to serving their community. Offering same or next day delivery on most home health medi
SOURCE MetroStar Home Health Products
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. MetroStar Home Health Medical Equipment Holds Seven-Day Disaster Relief Drive
2. Nutrilys Del Mar Joins Health Forces With LAPD Underwater Dive Unit
3. Clinical Trial at Evergreen Healthcare Shows Intestinal Gel Reduces Symptoms of Advanced Parkinsons Disease
4. Netsmarts Focus on Innovation to Help Health and Human Service Providers Span the Spectrum of Care in the Healthcare 3.0 Environment
5. Qmed, the Leading Global MedTech Industry Resource, Partners with Clarimed, to Provide the Medical Manufacturing and Healthcare Industry with FDA Reports on Adverse Events
6. Attendees Save Up To $800 on Global Healthcare Conferences in 2012 by Registering Through Global Information Inc.
7. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Deutsche Bank 37th Annual Healthcare Conference
8. University of Maryland BioPark Announces MedImmunes Dr. Bahija Jallal as Newest Member of Board of Directors for UM Health Sciences Research Park
9. Genomic Health to Announce First Quarter 2012 Financial Results and Host Conference Call on Wednesday, May 2, 2012
10. Nearly 300 Medical Device, Healthcare Professionals Attend First National Conference on Value-driven Engineering
11. Varian Medical Systems and Siemens Healthcare Announce Global Collaboration to Advance Clinical Capabilities and Offerings in Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery