CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Managed care formulary access is critical to a new pharmaceutical product, but a formulary win isn't enough anymore. Beyond formulary placement, a new brand's long-tem commercial success is tied to effective pull-through programs and processes to increase market share after the contract is signed.
To help organizations create and maintain effective pull-through programs and processes, Best Practices, LLC has published a study, "Managed Care Pull-Through Excellence: From Formulary Access to Increased Market Share." This timely research identifies quantitative benchmarks and qualitative insights that will help sales and brand leaders understand how to build an effective pull-through program and leverage Managed Care contracts to generate pharmaceutical product sales.
The term "pull-through" is defined in this study as an integrated process aimed at increasing market share and generating sales for a specific product within a given time frame. Pull-through programs are formal agreements between pharmaceutical companies and managed care accounts that specify product utilization targets, messaging themes and support programs.
The report is organized into five sections:
- Executive Summary: The executive summary explains the survey objective and methodology, identifies participating companies, provides definitions, and reports key findings and insights.
- Building an Effective Pull-Through Operation: This section discusses how companies establish structures and processes that optimize pull-through. Areas covered include pull-through leadership, planning, training, staff roles, cross-channel and cross-functional collaboration, internal communications processes and tools, use of templates, effectiveness metrics, and trends in budget and staffing levels.
- Pull-Through in Action: The section examines programs and activities that companies use to increase pull-through effectiveness. Contracting strategies, effective messaging, customer segmentation, effectiveness metrics, KOL management, and communication topics, channels and timing are among the topics covered.
- Key Challenges Faced in Accomplishing Pull-Through: Participants share the current challenges they face in their efforts to increase pull-through.
- Best Practices for Pull-Through Excellence: This section highlights the best practices for pull-through that were shared by participants in survey responses.
This 60-page study, which features 250+ metrics and 40 Best Practices, is based on an analysis of survey results and interview content collected from 33 executives at 24 organizations, including 10 of the Top 20 pharma companies.
Account Managers, sales leaders and brand executives will be able to use the information in this report to identify and close performance gaps in their pull-through organizations' processes, programs and activities. To download a complimentary study excerpt, go to: http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1076.htm.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC, conducts work based on the simple yet profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies. Best Practices, LLC has been a leader in pharmaceutical research and consulting for 17 years; our clients include 48 out of the top 50 pharmaceutical companies. For more information visit: http://www3.best-in-class.com. Related medicine technology :1
. Increasing Market Share After Product Wins Place on Managed Care Formulary2
. New Updates to AHA/ACC/SCAI Clinical Guidelines Recommend Treatment with Effient(R) for Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes Managed with PCI3
. Despite Managed Care Obstacles, Interest and Anticipated Use of Centocor Ortho-Biotechs New Psoriasis Agent Stelara (ustekinumab) is High4
. New Research from Best Practices, LLC can Improve Formulary Access and Product Placement for Biopharma Companies: Managed Markets Market Research5
. Effective Market Research Critical to Success in Managed Markets6
. Using the Market Research Function to Create Success in the Critical Managed Markets Sector7
. Managed Care Pull-Through Initiatives Suffer from Poor Measurement of ROI8
. Allied Telesis, Hosted PACS Solutions Join Forces to Deliver Managed Cloud-Based Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS) Services9
. Due to Rising Costs of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Drugs, Managed Care Organization Pharmacy Directors Will be Forced to Tighten Their Formularies10
. Express Scripts Unveils New Opportunities to Drive Down Healthcare Costs; Presents Five Studies at Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Conference11
. Creating a Platform for Managed Care Pull-Through Success in 2011