SHANGHAI, July 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MEDTEC China 2013 is fast approaching and the region's medical device manufacturing industry is already looking forward to a completely sold-out show, with around 400 exhibiting brands present planning to showcase their latest technologies, products, services and solutions at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center come September 25-26. A total of around 10,000 square meters of Hall 2 of the site that hosted the 2010 Shanghai World Expo will be packed with highlights from both global and local players in the industry, promising visitors a wealth of intelligence and input that will assist them in shaping their business strategies for years to come.
Visitors to MEDTEC China 2013 can avail themselves of exhibits from the following leading companies active in the medical device manufacturing sector:
- Germany's Wipak will highlight its high transparency NICE 20-layer co-extruded films targeted at replacement of rigid films. With excellent mechanical properties to boot, the films enable medical device packaging solutions that are not only 35 percent lighter than rigid packages: they also minimize thin corner breaks. The latest development in the NICE film range is a 150-micron thickness film that can further reduce packaging costs.
- Indo-MIM from Bangalore, India, possesses a dedicated manufacturing facility with ISO 13485:2003 certification and an ISO Class 8 clean room facility offering design-to-manufacturing services employing the metal injection molding process (MIM), as well as plastic overmolding, machining and finishing operations. The latter includes acid passivation, ultrasonic cleaning, vacuum packing, laser marking and in-house X-Ray and MPI inspection. Another MIM exponent not-to-miss is China's own Advanced Technology & Materials hailing from Beijing, whose MIM components have been widely used in medical devices such as endoscopes, cardiac surgery devices, biopsy forceps, and suturing devices.
- In the medical device precision machining field, Tornos comes with a reputation like no other vendor. The Swiss machine-tool manufacturer has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology for metallic medical device components for many years. To address the need for a mid-range machine capable of competitively producing relatively complex parts, Tornos has created the Swiss ST26. This machine is designed to competitively produce all types of parts and is available in three variants with different specifications. Pricing starts at RMB1 million.
- Laser play a key role in processing of precision medical device components and true to its name, Germany's MeKo Laser Material Processing is a contract manufacturer specializing in high-precision material processing using lasers. The company offers welding, cutting, drilling and post-processing services. In particular, MeKo offers profound experience in cutting surgical instruments and stents.
- Medical device manufacturers often face the challenge of ramping up production capacity once approvals have been obtained, devices enter the truly commercial stage, and demand grows. Responding to this trend is Mikron Automation, with its Mikron EcoLine Pilot; a flexible assembly system that make it easy for users to gradually increase capacity as volumes rise. The line proves its worth in particular during pilot stages of medical device production.
- Precision is a key criterion for many a medical device and quantifying dimensions is therefore paramount. US company OGP is a global leader in manufacturing multi-sensor metrology systems boasting micron-level resolution and accuracy for this purpose. The OGP SmartScope is suitable for measuring dimensions and geometrical tolerances of prosthesis such as hip ball joints, tibial and femoral knees, ankle implants, and bone pegs, regardless of material, color, transparency or opacity.
- For surface treatment, Belgium's Europlasma designs and builds low pressure plasma systems for ultra-fine cleaning, activation, functionalization and coating of medical materials and devices. Europlasma products feature Nanofics technology: a group of nano-scaled functional coatings used on medical textiles, filtration products, or to prevent contamination or cell growth on medical devices.
- Medical device OEMs with concerns about monomer content in the plastics that they employ may be interested in an alternative material from Eastman Chemical. Tritan is a new-generation copolyester that is easy to process, exhibits tremendous toughness, possesses good heat resistance, features excellent clarity and gloss, and moreover has outstanding chemical resistance. A key attribute highlighted by the supplier is that Tritan is bisphenol A (BPA) -free. BPA is a monomer used in the production of polycarbonate (PC) resin that has come under regulatory pressure from some quarters.
For more information about the MEDTEC China exhibition and conference, please visit www.medtecchina.com.
About the Organiser
A World Leader in Medical Device Communications
UBM Canon, the leading B-to-B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3 trillion advanced manufacturing sector and part of the UBM Group, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in sophisticated segments such as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing including manufacturing processes and packaging.
UBM Canon's portfolio of events for the healthcare manufacturing sectors includes MD&M, MEDTEC, BIOMEDevice, and Pharmapack. UBM Canon also publishes a multitude of industry magazines, including Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry, Medical Product Manufacturing News, European Medical Device Technology, China Medical Device Manufacturer and Japan Medical Design & Manufacturing Technology. With this unique media portfolio, UBM Canon is able to connect over 3,500 medical device industry suppliers with more than 100,000 design and manufacturing professionals every year.
Kelly Gao Related medicine technology :1
Tel: +86 10 5765 2823
. Qmed, the Leading Global MedTech Industry Resource, Partners with Clarimed, to Provide the Medical Manufacturing and Healthcare Industry with FDA Reports on Adverse Events2
. UBM Canon, the Global MedTech Authority, Announces Strategic Alliance with ITG Market Research, a Preeminent Industry Research Organization3
. AdvaMed & BioOhio Discuss MedTech Impact on Ohios Economy, Job Creation4
. UBM Canon, the Global MedTech Authority, Partners with the World Medical Device Organization, WMDO, to Provide Medical Device Companies with Industry-Related Online Training Solutions5
. UBM Canon, the Global MedTech Authority, and the Medical Design Excellence Awards Honored Dr. Thomas Fogarty with the 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award6
. Countdown Begins For AdvaMed 2012: The Medtech Conference7
. Edwards Lifesciences Chief Medical Officer to Keynote the Inaugural MedTech Cardio 2012 Conference at the MD&M Minneapolis Exposition and Conference8
. Attention Veterans: New Medtech Job Training Program Accepting Applications through Friday, August 319
. Second Webinar in MedTech Trends Webcast Series on November 28, 2012; Navigating & Understanding the Sealing and Handling of Medical Microporous Materials10
. UBM Canon, the Global Authority on the MedTech Industry, Announces Key Hire in Germany to Complement Its Expanding Media and Marketing Solutions Team11
. Countdown to MD&M West 2013: Eleven Days until the Most Comprehensive MedTech Conference in the Nation