SHANGHAI, Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The MEDTEC China 2013 exhibition held September 25-26 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center once again proved that it is undoubtedly the premier event in the Asian region for the medical device manufacturing sector. 7,987 pre-registered and paid attendees were out in force on the show floor and the quality of this audience and corresponding high satisfaction levels of exhibitors was reflected in the fact that as many as about 70% of the 220 companies from 25 countries and regions exhibiting at the 2013 edition of MEDTEC China recommitted on the spot to a presence at MEDTEC China 2014.
In a vote of confidence in the event, almost two-thirds of the available floor space at MEDTEC China 2014 has already been taken up. And some of those exhibitors who didn't recommit just yet were in fact tied up at their stands addressing the steady visitor stream throughout the show! Moreover, a show floor survey carried out by the organisers returned the following findings:
Visitors to MEDTEC China 2013 were also clearly very happy with what they found at the event:
With its positioning as a specialist show for the medical device manufacturing sector, MEDTEC China 2013 was also highly successful in attracting the right kind of attendee as evidenced by the high proportion of visitors whose roles were directly linked with device design and manufacture. In fact 55% of attendees said their primary job function was R&D design or manufacturing, while 18% cited their primary roles as procurement, project engineering or quality assurance for a combined 73%. Furthermore, 10% of show visitors hailed from outside of China, reflecting an increasingly international hue for the show.
Manufacturing and development hub
China is becoming more and more important as not only a production hub for medical devices, but also as a design center, thereby augmenting the importance of MEDTEC China. Speaking at a news conference at the MEDTEC China show in Shanghai, Phillips-Medisize President and CEO Matt Jennings announced plans to open a satellite design center within its new Suzhou factory. The company bought the Suzhou factory from Swiss firm Adval Tech Group.
"This is our first step in China. We see this as the largest and most important market for us in Asia," Jennings said. "We will focus on working with local customers to help design."
Ancillary events a hit
Besides the exhibition itself, the co-located MDiT forum and regulation summit also once again proved its worth, attracting more than 376 delegates. Furthermore, the New Technology Sessions presented by exhibitors also provided a great learning opportunity for visitors to catch up with the latest technologies and trends in the medical device industry. These sessions were free for all professional visitors to attend.
Value-added features on the show floor also proved a hit with MEDTEC China 2013 visitors. These included the 3D printing zone and Medical Device Excellence Awards (MDEA) showcase where award winners were displayed. Visitors were also invited to vote for their top three favorite product designs from among the MDEA winners. The top three were the AccuVein AV400 vein illumination system, the Sonicision Cordless Ultrasonic Dissection System and the GORE Septal Occluder.
The 2014 edition of MEDTEC China will be held on the same dates and at the same venue: September 25-26 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center. Make sure to mark these dates down in your calendars and be sure not to miss the 2014 show, which will definitely be bigger and better than ever.
For more information about the MEDTEC China exhibition and conference, please visit www.medtecchina.com.
About the Organisers
A World Leader in Medical Device Communications
UBM Canon, the leading B-to-B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3 trillion advanced manufacturing sector and part of the UBM Group, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in sophisticated segments such as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing including manufacturing processes and packaging.
UBM Canon's portfolio of events for the healthcare manufacturing sectors includes MD&M, MEDTEC, BIOMEDevice, and Pharmapack. UBM Canon also publishes a multitude of industry magazines, including Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry, Medical Product Manufacturing News, European Medical Device Technology, China Medical Device Manufacturer and Japan Medical Design & Manufacturing Technology. With this unique media portfolio, UBM Canon is able to connect over 3,500 medical device industry suppliers with more than 100,000 design and manufacturing professionals every year.
Tel :86 10 57652823
|SOURCE MEDTEC China|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved