ROCHESTER, N.Y., Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid, Inc. announced today that, effective immediately, it is operating under a new company name, Caliber Imaging & Diagnostics, Inc., or Caliber ID. The new name reflects the company's commitment to innovating and delivering the highest caliber identification tools for accurate, rapid diagnosis to assist in the fight against skin cancer and other diseases.
Caliber ID has created an entirely new class of tools enabling physicians to image and diagnose skin disease in real time without a biopsy. These devices using Caliber ID's reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) technology allow physicians to detect and diagnose skin disease, including basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, and inflammatory and pigmentary disorders. Caliber ID's RCM technology offers physicians the option to non-invasively diagnose, monitor and follow-up the non-invasive treatment of basal cell carcinoma, the most commonly diagnosed cancer in mankind, and includes the capacity to visualize the margins of the disease prior to surgery, improving patient outcomes.
"This technology is clearly a clinically-relevant diagnostic tool," notes Dr. Martin C. Mihm Jr., Associate Physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Clinical Professor of Pathology (Dermatology) at Harvard Medical School and chair of the Caliber ID scientific advisory board. "The clinical data indicates that this suite of technologies can substantially reduce the need to biopsy healthy tissue by giving physicians the ability to noninvasively image and diagnose skin cancers and other skin disease. In the hands of an experienced confocal user, resolution and accuracy is comparable to that of traditional histology."
The Company has developed an integrated platform of tools, including the Caliber ID VivaScope® '/>"/>
SOURCE Caliber Imaging & Diagnostics, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. NAMS Journal Menopause Reflects on the WHI 10 Years Later
2. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Helps Explain Health Care Laws Contraception Coverage Provision
3. Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Japan - Periodic Drug Price Revisions by National Health Insurance Increase Competition and Squeeze Profit Margins
4. ANSYS Signs Master Agreement with EADS to provide simulation tools to all its divisions
5. United Seating & Mobility Completes Acquisition of Active American Mobilitys Rehab Division
6. Pediatrician Finds New Vision Screening Technology Helps A Larger Group Of His Patients
7. BioSurplus Forms New Division for Auction Services
8. ADVENTRX Applauds Inclusion of Rare Diseases Provisions in the FDA Safety and Innovation Act
9. Transitions Optical Brings Importance Of Healthy, Enhanced Vision Into Focus By Taking National Sightseeing City Tour To Chicago And Announcing The Citys Top 10 Sights To See
10. Spot Vision Screener wins Bronze in International Design Excellence Awards
11. DataMotion Files Provisional Patent for Technology that Enables Easy and Secure Doctor-Patient Email Interaction