Lead Candidate, LT-NS001, Shows Evidence of Improved GI Safety for Arthritis Patients
WALTHAM, Mass., May 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Logical Therapeutics, Inc., a private, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, announced today it had closed on a $16.9 million Series C equity financing. The round was led by existing investor SV Life Sciences, and included Burrill & Company, Novo A/S and Novitas Capital.
Logical Therapeutics is developing a family of new chemical entities using its patented Bio-activated Technology.TM The proprietary platform, which modifies the chemical structure of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), is being developed to significantly reduce the gastrointestinal (GI) side effects often associated with NSAIDs. The Company's lead compound, LT-NS001 (naproxen etemesil), is currently being studied in a Phase 2b/3 study comparing the cumulative rate of gastric ulcers vs. Naprosyn® in osteoarthritis patients after 12 weeks of treatment. Completion of the study is expected in late 2010.
The Series C financing round is expected to provide sufficient capital to advance the Company's development program through further clinical and non-clinical activities necessary for registration. The Company intends to seek a business partner prior to commercialization.
About Logical Therapeutics, Inc.
Based in Waltham, MA, Logical Therapeutics, Inc. is a venture-backed, privately held biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of bio-activated prodrugs to treat inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The Company's Bio-activated Technology
SOURCE Logical Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Alzheimers Drug Discovery Foundation Funds Amicus Therapeutics To Advance Pharmacological Chaperone Technology
2. Logical Therapeutics Initiates Enrollment in New Gastrointestinal Safety Study in Osteoarthritis Patients
3. Neurobiological Technologies Announces Filing of Certificate of Dissolution and Closing of Stock Transfer Books
4. Tuesday, Dec. 1: News From the 95th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago
5. Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase III Trial with Florbetaben PET Tracer for Imaging of Cerebral beta-Amyloid Plaques, a Pathological Hallmark of Alzheimers Disease
6. Monday, Nov. 30: News From the 95th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago
7. Varian Medical Systems to Highlight the Latest Digital Detectors, X-ray Tubes and Cancer Treatment Technology at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting in Chicago
8. China Sky One Medical, Inc. Achieved Progress in the Development of Two New Biological Testing Kits
9. Neurobiological Technologies Announces Extraordinary Dividend of $0.18 per Share
10. Reportlinker Adds Audiological Devices - Global Market Trends
11. EntreMeds ENMD-2076 Active in Solid and Hematological Cancers