For the fourth quarter of 2009, Alimta generated sales of $523.6 million, an increase of 64 percent compared with the fourth quarter of 2008. U.S. sales of Alimta increased 42 percent, to $228.8 million, due to increased demand. Sales outside the U.S. increased 87 percent, to $294.8 million, due to increased demand and, to a lesser extent, the favorable impact of foreign exchange rates. Demand outside the U.S. was favorably impacted by the addition in mid-2009 of the non-small cell lung cancer indication in Japan.
For the full-year of 2009, worldwide Alimta sales increased 48 percent to $1.706 billion. U.S. Alimta sales for 2009 were $815.6 million, a 45 percent increase driven by higher demand. Alimta sales outside the U.S. were $890.4 million, a 50 percent increase driven by increased demand, partially offset by the unfavorable impact of foreign exchange rates.
Cialis sales for the fourth quarter of 2009 increased 19 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2008 to $439.5 million. U.S. sales of Cialis were $166.2 million in the fourth quarter, a 12 percent increase compared with the fourth quarter of 2008, driven primarily by higher prices. Sales of Cialis outside the U.S. increased 24 percent, to $273.4 million, driven by increased demand, higher prices and the favorable impact of foreign exchange rates.
For the full-year of 2009, worldwide Cialis sales increased 8 percent to $1.559 billion. U.S. Cialis sales for 2009 were $
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. FDA Approves Lillys Osteoporosis Drug EVISTA(R) (raloxifene HCl) to Reduce The Risk of Invasive Breast Cancer in Two Populations of Postmenopausal Women
2. Lilly Files for European Approval of ALIMTA(R) (pemetrexed for injection) for First-Line Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
3. Lilly and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Announce License Agreement
4. Lilly Receives NCQA Design Certification for Depression Care Management Program
5. JDRF and Lilly Partner to Fund Research to Identify Beta Cell Biomarkers
6. FDA Grants Priority Review for Daiichi Sankyo, Lilly Drug, prasugrel
7. Statement from Eli Lilly and Company: Response to Connecticut Attorney General News Release
8. Lilly and Transition Therapeutics Announce Licensing and Collaboration Agreement
9. Lilly Launches Its First Phase III Trial for Treatment of Alzheimers Disease
10. Daiichi Sankyo/Eli Lillys Effient and Astrazenecas Ticagrelor May Offer Advantages in the Treatment of Post-Myocardial Infarction
11. Lilly Submits Cymbalta(R) Supplemental New Drug Application for Chronic Pain to U.S. Food and Drug Administration