Applications for conference scholarships for families to attend the 2012 Children with Diabetes Friends for Life Conference are also available online at www.diabetesscholars.org. Conference scholarship applications are due April 15, 2012, and recipients will be announced by the Foundation in May.
For more information about the Foundation and its scholarship program, visit www.diabetesscholars.org. Additional information about Lilly Diabetes' patient support programs can be found at www.lillydiabetes.com.
About the Diabetes Scholars Foundation
In 2004, a group of parents who have children with type 1 diabetes created the Diabetes Scholars Foundation. Their goal was to lessen the burden of diabetes through education and give those affected by it tools they need to cope with the disease. Headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Ill, it is the only foundation that funds college scholarships open to all students in the United States with type 1 diabetes. In the past four years, the Foundation has awarded over $350,000 in college scholarships and over 200 Children with Diabetes Friends for Life conference scholarships. In 2011, the Foundation received over 500 college scholarship applications from 49 states. Information about the Foundation is available at www.diabetesscholars.org.
About Lilly Diabetes
Lilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. Today we work to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and a continued commitment to providing real solutions–from medicines to support programs and more–to make lives better. For more information, visit
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. FDA Approves Lillys Osteoporosis Drug EVISTA(R) (raloxifene HCl) to Reduce The Risk of Invasive Breast Cancer in Two Populations of Postmenopausal Women
2. Lilly Files for European Approval of ALIMTA(R) (pemetrexed for injection) for First-Line Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
3. Lilly and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Announce License Agreement
4. Lilly Receives NCQA Design Certification for Depression Care Management Program
5. JDRF and Lilly Partner to Fund Research to Identify Beta Cell Biomarkers
6. FDA Grants Priority Review for Daiichi Sankyo, Lilly Drug, prasugrel
7. Statement from Eli Lilly and Company: Response to Connecticut Attorney General News Release
8. Lilly and Transition Therapeutics Announce Licensing and Collaboration Agreement
9. Lilly Launches Its First Phase III Trial for Treatment of Alzheimers Disease
10. Daiichi Sankyo/Eli Lillys Effient and Astrazenecas Ticagrelor May Offer Advantages in the Treatment of Post-Myocardial Infarction
11. Lilly Submits Cymbalta(R) Supplemental New Drug Application for Chronic Pain to U.S. Food and Drug Administration