INDIANAPOLIS, July 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Alnara Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately-held company developing protein therapeutics for the treatment of metabolic diseases. The transaction, first announced on July 2, 2010, has received the approval of Alnara stockholders and clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act. All other closing conditions have also been met.
Alnara's lead product in development is liprotamase, a non-porcine pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT). Liprotamase is under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). Causes of EPI include cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatectomy and other conditions.
Under the terms of the agreement, Lilly acquired all outstanding shares of Alnara for an upfront payment of $180 million, subject to adjustment based on existing cash on hand at closing. Alnara stockholders will also be eligible for up to $200 million in additional payments contingent upon potential future regulatory and commercial milestones. The impact of the acquisition will be reflected in Lilly's third quarter 2010 financial statements.
About Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in In
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. FDA Approves Lillys Osteoporosis Drug EVISTA(R) (raloxifene HCl) to Reduce The Risk of Invasive Breast Cancer in Two Populations of Postmenopausal Women
2. Lilly Files for European Approval of ALIMTA(R) (pemetrexed for injection) for First-Line Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
3. Lilly and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Announce License Agreement
4. Lilly Receives NCQA Design Certification for Depression Care Management Program
5. JDRF and Lilly Partner to Fund Research to Identify Beta Cell Biomarkers
6. FDA Grants Priority Review for Daiichi Sankyo, Lilly Drug, prasugrel
7. Statement from Eli Lilly and Company: Response to Connecticut Attorney General News Release
8. Lilly and Transition Therapeutics Announce Licensing and Collaboration Agreement
9. Lilly Launches Its First Phase III Trial for Treatment of Alzheimers Disease
10. Daiichi Sankyo/Eli Lillys Effient and Astrazenecas Ticagrelor May Offer Advantages in the Treatment of Post-Myocardial Infarction
11. Lilly Submits Cymbalta(R) Supplemental New Drug Application for Chronic Pain to U.S. Food and Drug Administration