DUBLIN, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/89dsws/lab_automation) has announced the addition of the "Lab Automation Market - Trends & Global Forecasts to 2017" report to their offering.
Laboratory automation is defined as the use of technology to streamline or substitute manual manipulation of equipment and processes. This practice offers technologies and engineering backing for state-of-the-art work flows in research, quality assurance, and diagnostics labs. These automation techniques are broadly finding applications in a majority of lab procedures - from simple capping and decapping of sample bottles to high throughput screening of test samples.
The global market was valued at $3.1 billion in 2012 and is poised to reach $4.2 billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 6.4%. The growth of the market is driven by miniaturization of the process, leading to reduction in overall costs, higher reproducibility and accuracy, increasing investments in biotechnology, large lab personnel demand and supply gap, and reduction in sample contamination risk. It is expected that the market will offer opportunities for lab automation solutions manufacturers with the introduction and adoption of upcoming technologies such as digital dispensing, semantic technology and merger of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) technology.
However, factors such as indefinite data interchange standards, economic slowdown and lack of technology planning are hindering the growth of the market. To deal with the varying demand, vendors of lab automation equipment offer a range of products and services. However, configuring components that permits maximum flexibility is a challenge.
Global Lab Automation Market, by Equipment and Software:
- Automated Liquid Handling
- Pipetting systems
- Microplate washers
- Automated workstations (multi-purpose)
- Others (Decappers/Recappers etc.)
- Microplate Readers
- Monochromator- based
- Absorbance detection
- Fluorescence Intensity detection
- Luminescence detection
- Stand alone Robots
- Robotic arms
- Track robot systems
- Software and Informatics
- Workstation/unit automation software
- Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Electronic Lab notebook (ELN)
- Scientific Data Management System (SDMS)
- Automated storage and retrieval systems
Global Market, by Applications:
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Pre-analytics/sample preparation
- Sample distribution, splitting and archiving
- Others (assay analysis, enzyme immuno assay (EIA) preparation, sample distribution, etc.)
- Drug Discovery
- High Throughput Screening
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) sample preparation
- ADME screening
- Compound weighing and dissolution
- Genomics solutions
- PCR applications
- DNA/RNA quantification and Normalization
- Proteomics solutions
- Protein purification and crystallography
- MALDI plate spotting
- Others (Bio-banking, cell biology solutions etc.)
Key Topics Covered:
- ABBOTT Diagnostics
- Agilent Technologies
- Aurora Biomed Inc.
- Biomérieux Sa
- Biotek Instruments, Inc
- Beckman Coulter Inc. (A Subsidiary Of Danaher)
- Eppendorf Ag
- Hamilton Robotics, Inc.
- Labware, Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Holding Ag
- Siemens Healthcare (Subsidiary Of Siemens AG)
- Tecan Group Ltd
- Thermo FIsher ScientiFIc, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/89dsws/lab_automation
|SOURCE Research and Markets|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved