BUFFALO, N.Y., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kinex Pharmaceuticals is pleased to announce that their application for the Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Programme has been approved by the Innovation and Technology Commission of Hong Kong. This financial support will be used to fund Kinex's development of preclinical data on both docetaxel (Taxotere) and doxorubicin (Doxil) when combined with HM30181A, an innovative P-glycoprotein pump inhibitor that converts IV drugs into oral formulations. Additionally, it will provide the opportunity to work with key opinion leaders in Hong Kong as well as some of the foremost clinics and institutions. These efforts will further broaden the Orascovery program and is expected to significantly increase Kinex's pipeline portfolio.
The Orascovery program is based on an important platform technology currently co-developed by Hanmi Pharmaceuticals and Kinex, compound HM30181A, a potent and selective P-glycoprotein (PGP) pump inhibitor. Suppression of the PGP pump allows certain clinically important compounds (such as Paclitaxel and Irinotecan, among others) which would normally be effluxed back into the gastrointestinal tract and excreted, to enter the bloodstream and be bioavailable through oral administration. Importantly, HM30181A is a very effective PGP inhibitor that is not systemically absorbed.
The Orascovery technology has led to the initiation of clinical trials being conducted with both an oral formulation of paclitaxel (Oraxol), currently in Phase II clinical trials in Korea, and an oral formulation of Irinotecan (Oratecan), which has completed a Phase I clinical trial in Korea. On July 22, Kinex announced that the US FDA had allowed the company's IND for Oraxol. Trials will begin this fall.
In May of 2013, Kinex licensed the Oraxol and Oratecan rights for Australia and
SOURCE Kinex Pharmaceuticals
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Kinex Announces that the US FDA Allows their IND for Oraxol, an Oral Form of Paclitaxel that is in Phase II Clinical Trials in Korea, to Begin Clinical Trials in the US
2. Kinex Pharmaceuticals Will Take the Lead in the Orascovery Program Development in China
3. Kinex Announces that the US FDA Allows their IND to Begin KX02 Clinical Trials
4. Kinex Pharmaceuticals and Zenith Technology Corporation announce the execution of a collaborative licensing agreement
5. Kinex Pharmaceuticals Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. David Hangauer, named the American Cancer Societys 2013 Honoree for its Cuisine for a Cure event
6. Hanmi and Kinex Announced Korean FDA Allowance of the KX01 IND Application
7. Kinex Pharmaceuticals Appoints Mr. Patrick Gallagher Vice President of Business Development and Investor Relations
8. Kinex Pharmaceuticals Receives Substantial Strategic Investment
9. Xiangxue Pharmaceuticals to Acquire Rights for a Promising Drug Candidate from Kinex Pharmaceuticals for the Greater China Territory
10. Avion Pharmaceuticals, LLC, receives top accolades for trade and marketing achievements at the 11th Annual American Business Awards (The "Stevie Awards")
11. Convergence Pharmaceuticals Receives Orphan-Drug Designation for Nav1.7 Blocking Pain Drug CNV1014802