LONDON, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Cure Parkinson's Trust, a charity founded by four people with Parkinson's disease, which is dedicated to finding, facilitating and funding work towards a cure, today welcomes Kenneth Mulvany to the charity as Chairman.
Ken Mulvany is an entrepreneur and healthcare industry veteran and brings more than 15 years of business leadership and experience to The Cure Parkinson's Trust. Ken was previously CEO of Proximagen, a UK-based biotech company committed to delivering novel drugs and innovative new treatments for Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders. Proximagen was acquired in August 2012 by Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. in the US where this pipeline of CNS programmes continues to be advanced.
Sir Richard Nichols , former Lord Mayor of London, and co-founder of the charity, has stepped down as Chairman after eight successful and supportive years during which the Charity has grown significantly and firmly cemented its vision of providing support towards finding a cure for Parkinson's.
Tom Isaacs , Co-founder and President of The Cure Parkinson's Trust, said: "We welcome Ken Mulvany to the Charity and look forward to working with him as he puts a new perspective on problem solving and bringing fresh ideas to moving potential new therapies forward to halt, and reverse Parkinson's. Due to his entrepreneurial vision and industry background, we believe Ken is going to be a strong follow-on Chairman to Sir Richard. He will guide us in fostering new and effective relationships with industry that can help us fulfil our vision to fund innovative research and find a cure for Parkinson's. On behalf of the charity I want to thank Sir Richard Nichols
SOURCE The Cure Parkinson’s Trust
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Herb Baer Appointed President of Polar USA
2. New Executive Vice President Commercial Appointed
3. Israel Makov Appointed Chairman of Sun Pharma Board
4. Dr. Paul Karila Appointed Head of Discovery Services at Cellectricon AB
5. Neal K. Long appointed as Chief Executive Officer at Cardiac Science
6. Shaji Procida Appointed Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Eisai Inc.
7. Micross Components Appointed as Global Specialist Die Distributor to International Rectifier
8. United Spinal Appointed to U.S. Access Board: Developing Accessible Standards for Medical Diagnostic Equipment
9. Erich R. Reinhardt Appointed to Board of Directors of Varian Medical Systems
10. Doug Pepper appointed as Chief Financial Officer at Cardiac Science
11. Gregory D. Cash Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of NeuroTherm