NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) will review growth strategies for its Pharmaceuticals business at a meeting with the investment community today. Senior leaders from the company's executive committee and pharmaceuticals segment will review how the business plans to address some of the world's major unmet medical needs and outpace pharmaceutical market growth with an optimized product portfolio, robust pipeline and a demonstrated track record of successful global product launches.
"Our people focus every day on addressing the world's major unmet medical needs with superior science," said Vice Chairman, Executive Committee, Sheri McCoy. "Since our last Pharmaceuticals Business Review with analysts in 2009, we have built a highly productive pharmaceuticals pipeline, with six key new products launching and another two pending regulatory review, some in multiple geographies. Our disciplined approach to research and development, rigorous investment prioritization, and internal and external sources of innovation have enabled us to be well-positioned for long-term growth. Our revitalized portfolio and launch capabilities have led to market leadership in key categories."
Johnson & Johnson's pharmaceuticals business will highlight its plans for continuing to address major medical needs and build on its market leadership in five therapeutic areas: Neuroscience; Cardiovascular and Metabolism; Immunology; Oncology and Infectious Diseases/Vaccines. Brief summaries of the therapeutic areas, products and compounds being discussed in today's presentations are available in a separate backgrounder: Pharmaceuticals Segment Review Highlights.
SOURCE Johnson & Johnson
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Johnson & Johnson to Provide Webcast Presentation of Tapentadol Phase 3 Clinical Data Presented at American Pain Societys Annual Meeting
2. Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C. Announces FDA Filings for Paliperidone Palmitate and INVEGA(R)
3. Simbionix and Johnson & Johnson LLC Announce Distribution Agreement at Russia and the CIS Countries
4. Johnson & Johnson Announces Support for Kohl-Grassley Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009
5. Boston Scientific and Johnson & Johnson Announce Settlement of Patent Disputes
6. Palomar to Commercialize FDA Cleared Over-The-Counter Home Use Wrinkle Treatment Laser Device Without Johnson & Johnson
7. U.S. Files Suit Against Johnson & Johnson For Paying Kickbacks to Nations Largest Nursing Home Pharmacy
8. EF Johnson Technologies Announces Third Quarter Results
9. Emerging Agents from Theravance/Astellas, Johnson & Johnson/Basilea and Forest/Astrazeneca/Takeda Will Drive Modest Growth in the MRSA Drug Market Through 2018
10. Johnson & Johnson to Participate in the 30th Annual Cowen and Company Health Care Conference
11. Two Johnson & Johnson Subsidiaries to Pay Over $81 Million to Resolve Allegations of Off-Label Promotion of Topamax