NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) today announced it has successfully completed its acquisition of Aragon Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately-held pharmaceutical discovery and development company focused on drugs to treat hormonally-driven cancers. Development of compounds from Aragon's androgen receptor antagonist program, including its lead androgen receptor signaling inhibitor, ARN-509, will be managed by Janssen Research & Development, LLC.
"The acquisition strengthens our prostate cancer pipeline with a second-generation, potentially best-in-class compound," said Peter F. Lebowitz, M.D., Ph.D., Global Therapeutic Area Head, Oncology. "It builds on our existing leadership position with ZYTIGA® (abiraterone acetate), and, if approved, we are hopeful ARN-509 will allow us to meet the needs of an even broader range of prostate cancer patients."
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time…inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science—bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 128,000 employees at more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
About Janssen Research & Development, LLC
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is headquartered in Raritan, N.J. and has affiliated facilities in Europe,
SOURCE Johnson & Johnson
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Johnson & Johnson (China) Investment Ltd. Acquires Guangzhou Bioseal Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
2. Johnson & Johnson Expects to Incur Special Charge in Second Quarter for Previously Disclosed Legal Matters
3. N.J. Woman Sues Johnson & Johnsons Ethicon Unit Over Vaginal Mesh Injuries, Says The Lanier Law Firm
4. Johnson & Johnson to Host Analyst Conference Call on Second-Quarter Results
5. GHX CEO Bruce Johnson Recognized as Ernst & Young Rocky Mountain Region Entrepreneur of the Year 2012
6. Johnson & Johnson Provides Notice Of Proposed Settlement Of Shareholder Derivative Actions, Final Settlement Hearing, And Right To Appear
7. Johnson & Johnson Announces Discontinuation of Phase 3 Development of Bapineuzumab Intravenous (IV) in Mild-to-Moderate Alzheimers Disease
8. EFJohnson Announces Impact Partner Dealer Program
9. Johnson Health Tech Statement on Lance Armstrong
10. Robert G. Savage, Former Worldwide Chairman, Johnson & Johnsons Pharmaceuticals Group, Joins Board of Nuovo Biologics, LLC
11. Johnson & Johnson Announces Plans to Establish Innovation Centers