"2009 was a tremendous year for Jazz Pharmaceuticals in continuing our mission to help improve patients' lives. Our sales team delivered outstanding performance in 2009, educating physicians on the appropriate use of our products, which resulted in records for prescriptions of both XYREM and LUVOX CR," said Bob Myers, President of Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Research and development expenses for the quarter ended December 31, 2009 were $6.3 million, compared to $14.7 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2008. For the year ended December 31, 2009, research and development expenses were $36.6 million, compared to $70.0 million for the year ended December 31, 2008. Research and development expenses in both 2009 and 2008 primarily reflect the expenses relating to Phase III clinical activities for the company's JZP-6 product candidate, sodium oxybate for the treatment of fibromyalgia. In 2009, the company completed the second of two Phase III clinical studies and submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) for JZP-6 to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December. The NDA for JZP-6 was filed by the FDA in February 2010 and the target date for the FDA to complete its review under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) is Oct
SOURCE Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Clearance to Resume Clinical Trials for XIAFLEX(TM)
2. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Announce Receipt of an FDA Action Letter for Bifeprunox, an Investigational Treatment for Schizophrenia
3. Quark Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Presented Positive Preclinical Results of Systemic RNAi Compound for Acute Renal Failure (ARF)
4. Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Secures Financing to Fund Pivotal Phase III Clinical Trial for Lead Aversion(R) Technology Product Candidate
5. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Begins Pivotal Phase III Studies of Oral Lubiprostone to Treat Opioid-Induced Bowel Dysfunction (OBD)
6. Symbollon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Evaluates the Clinical Effects of IoGen(TM) on Fibrocystic Breast Disease
7. Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Presents Final Results of Phase II Clinical Trials for AEGR-733 at Drugs Affecting Lipid Metabolism (DALM) 2007 Conference
8. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Positive Preliminary Phase 2 Data on KRX-0401 in Patients with Chemo-Insensitive Rare Sarcoma
9. Quark Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces First Systemic siRNA Dosing in Humans
10. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Phase 1 and Phase 2 Data on KRX-0401 (Perifosine) in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma at 49th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology
11. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Responds to Advisory Committee Recommendation for Further Study of Tedisamil to Treat Atrial Fibrillation