he Japanese pharmaceutical
market has favored domestic companies. However, since the 1990s, deregulation has promoted investment from abroad and increased the presence of foreign firms.
- The report assesses characteristics of the Japanese pharmaceutical market, detailing recent regulatory changes, supply chain and competitive
landscape. It also draws on macroeconomic and demographic factors and the implications on healthcare policy.
- A macroeconomic analysis of Japan
, focusing on key economic parameters such as Gross Domestic Product (GDP), inflation and unemployment. The implications of the global financial crisis in 2008 and natural disaster in 2011 are considered.
- The changing demographic landscape and implications on health economics and policy-making.
- The industry characteristics section presents an overview of pricing policies, the regulatory landscape, new drug approval process and pharmaceutical supply chain in Japan
. Notable changes that have occurred over recent years, in an attempt to improve the regulatory system and reduce drug review times, are highlighted.
- The report then analyzes the competitive landscape in Japan
, including the major domestic companies and M&A. The discussed regulatory reforms and cooperation between government and industry have improved the international competitiveness of Japan's
pharmaceutical market. Coupled with a number of mergers, the industry now consists of well-known multinationals. The competitive landscape section confirms the top five Japanese pharmaceutical companies by revenue, according to GBI Research data.
- The report concludes by providing an overview of the drivers and barriers currently facing the Japanese pharmaceutical industry.
Page: 1 2 3 Related medicine technology :1
. Empire Genomics Chooses Funakoshi as Japan Distributor2
. Regeneron and Bayer Announce Co-Promotion Agreement With Santen For EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection in Japan3
. Accuray Rolls Out Comprehensive Customer Service Program in Japan4
. CPhI Japan Triumphs in the Prestigious AEO Excellence Awards5
. Japanese Market for Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair & Sports Medicine6
. Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Japan - Periodic Drug Price Revisions by National Health Insurance Increase Competition and Squeeze Profit Margins7
. Pfizer and Mylan Team Up to Establish Exclusive Long-Term Strategic Collaboration to Drive Sustained Growth of Generics Business in Japan8
. CMC Biologics Establishes Commercial Presence in Japan through Strategic Agreement with Innomedica9
. Japan Pharma Review: Outlook to 201710
. The Japanese Cancer Association and Debiopharm Group Present Doctors Oshima and Tanaka with the 2012 JCA-Mauvernay Award for their Innovative and Outstanding Cancer Research11
. Sosei Group Corporation: QVA149 Filed by Licensing Partner as a Once-Daily Maintenance Treatment for COPD in Japan