IsoPlexis Scientific Advisory Board Chair Dr. Rong Fan, an associate professor of Biomedical Engineering at Yale, added, "With Dr. Ho, our scientific board has added a truly eminent scientist with proven success in harnessing the power of immunology to address life-threatening diseases and ailments."
Dr. David Ho is the founding Scientific Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center. His lab helped pioneer the field of quantitation of HIV among infected individuals. In the last decade, his research team extended this work and revolutionized the paradigm for AIDS pathogenesis by demonstrating the highly dynamic nature of HIV replication in vivo. Their groundbreaking studies on HIV dynamics formed the foundation for combination antiretroviral therapy, which Dr. Ho also helped to champion. Such a treatment approach has transformed HIV from a death sentence to a manageable disease, and is now being applied widely throughout the developing world.
Dr. David Ho said, "I am excited to join IsoPlexis as a Scientific Advisory Board member. By merging the top minds in engineering with leading researchers and clinicians, IsoPlexis is able to offer breakthrough clinical insights. As the company's applications expand, it has the potential to make significant progress on critical detection issues, enabling the advancement of various immune therapies."
IsoPlexis is a life sciences company committed to advancing groundbreaking research and therapeutic development in immunology, oncology and other emerging disease areas. The IsoPlexis cellular response analysis platform was developed by scientific leaders at Yale and Cal Tech. By isolating single immune cells and analyzing their functional omic response, the platform can assess safety and efficacy of therapeutics and monitor disease progression, enabling improved therapeutic development and patient outcomes. Through collaborations with leading pharmaceutical companies and academic labs, the IsoPlexis technology is improving the targeting of breakthrough treatments. The venture capital-funded Yale spinout is headquartered in Branford, Connecticut. For additional information on IsoPlexis, visit http://www.isoplexis.com or email email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/isoplexis-adds-infectious-disease-pioneer-dr-david-ho-to-its-scientific-advisory-board-300422907.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. announces its approach to developing human antibody therapeutics against MRSA receives continued support from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
2. Former Pfizer/Wyeth Global Infectious Disease Pharmaceutical Executive, Lewis Barrett, Appointed Senior Vice President, Commercial Strategy of Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
3. FDA Grants Astellas Qualified Infectious Disease Product Designation for Isavuconazole for the Treatment of Invasive Aspergillosis
4. Bavarian Nordic, the international novel cancer and infectious disease vaccines focused biotech, now covered by Edison.
5. Savara Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Grant of Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) and Fast Track Designation for Its Lead Product, AeroVanc
6. FDA Grants Astellas Qualified Infectious Disease Product Designation for Isavuconazole for the Treatment of Invasive Candidiasis
7. Luminex Is Supporting U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) in Research Efforts to Control African Ebola Outbreak
8. Actavis Announces FDA Acceptance of the NDA Filing for Ceftazidime-Avibactam, a Qualified Infectious Disease Product
9. Global Infectious Disease Diagnostics (Instruments, Reagents, Services, Software) Market - Forecast to 2019
10. Edison Nation Medical Announces Open Innovation Search Focused on Preventing Spread and Transmission of Infectious Disease
11. Symbiotix Biotherapies Announces $2.3 Million Award from NIHs National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)