About PDE1 Inhibitors
These compounds are unique, orally available, investigational drugs being developed for the treatment of cognitive impairments accompanying schizophrenia and other neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders, including Alzheimer's disease, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Parkinson's disease. These compounds may also have the potential to improve motor dysfunction associated with these disorders. These compounds are very selective for the PDE1 subfamily relative to other PDE subfamilies. They have no known significant off target activities at other enzymes, receptors or ion channels.
About Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc.
Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. (ITI) is a biopharmaceutical company that is developing novel drugs for the treatment of diseases and disorders of the Central Nervous System (CNS). The Company was formed in 2002 to exploit intracellular signaling pathways of the brain in its efforts to develop novel CNS therapeutics. The Company's initial efforts were built on the insights generated from the Nobel Prize winning science of Dr. Paul Greengard at The Rockefeller University, the scientific founder of ITI. Using novel technologies developed at ITI, the Company has developed a pipeline of drugs that have the potential to treat a wide range of diseases associated with the CNS. Additional information about ITI is available through its corporate website, www.intracellulartherapies.com.
Allen A. Fienberg , Ph.D., Vice President, Business Development, Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc., +1-212-923-3344; or Lisa Burns
SOURCE Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Grant Awarded to Study Novel Therapies for Muco-Obstructive Diseases Includes Studies on Cempras Solithromycin (CEM-101) in a Cystic Fibrosis Anti-inflammatory Model
2. Launch Of Premium-priced, Novel Targeted Therapies Will Drive Growth In The Acute Leukemia Markets Beginning In 2015
3. Generex Provides an Overview of its Cancer Immunotherapy Product, AE37, and Potential in Early Breast Cancer Given Current and Potential Future Therapies
4. The Treatment Landscape for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Will Change Dramatically Over the Next Ten Years Due to the Launch of New Therapies in the United States and EU5
5. Oncologists in the United States and Europe Indicate that Novel Chemotherapies Hold the Most Near-Term Promise for Improving Outcomes in Soft Tissue Sarcoma
6. Takeda Receives FDA Approval for Three New Type 2 Diabetes Therapies, NESINA (alogliptin) and Fixed-Dose Combinations OSENI (alogliptin and pioglitazone) and KAZANO (alogliptin and metformin HCl)
7. Oncobiologics and Boston Oncology Team Up to Deliver Biosimilar Therapies for Cancer and Immune Disease to Middle East and North African Markets
8. Chimerix Presents Data Highlighting Burden Of Care Associated With Current Antiviral Therapies In Stem Cell Transplantation
9. Growing Prevalence of Asthma is Fueling Vigorous Industry Competition for Effective, Affordable Therapies
10. Neurostimulation Devices Market to 2018 - Technological Advances and Robust Pipeline with Multi-Indication Potential and Non-Invasive Therapies to Drive Growth
11. Multi-Targeted Therapies - New Wave of Combination Therapies in Late Stage Development for Lung Cancer Offer Promise