WALTHAM, Mass., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IntelligentMDx announced today that it has received FDA clearance for the IMDx C. difficile for Abbott m2000 assay which detects nucleic acids encoding the toxin A gene and toxin B gene sequences of toxigenic strains of Clostridium difficile in human liquid or soft stool specimens collected from patients suspected of having Clostridium difficile associated disease. This is the third test from IMDx to receive FDA clearance within three months for use on Abbott's fully-automated m2000 system and follows clearances of the IMDx VanR for Abbott m2000 and IMDx Flu A/B and RSV for Abbott m2000 assays.
C. difficile is the leading cause of hospital-acquired diarrhea and may cause more severe intestinal conditions such as pseudomembranous colitis. According to the CDC, C. difficile infection is linked to approximately 14,000 deaths in the United States annually.* Effective molecular diagnostic tests for early detection of C. difficile remain critical to help control the spread of infection and the threat of more serious complications.
Analytical reactivity studies demonstrated that the IMDx C. difficile for Abbott m2000 assay is capable of detecting the 31 different toxigenic C. difficile strains that were tested. These strains represent the global diversity of C. difficile strains, including NAP1, and tcdB-variant strains, such as 1470.
"FDA clearance of the IMDx C. difficile for Abbott m2000 assay comes at a pivotal time when incidence of C. difficile infection and severity in both hospital and community settings is increasing," says Dr. Alice Jaco
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. IntelligentMDx Announces CE-Marking of a new high-throughput test for Group B Streptococcus intended to improve womens health and prenatal care
2. IntelligentMDx gibt CE-Kennzeichnung eines Tests zum Nachweis und zur Differenzierung von Influenza A, Influenza B und respiratorischem Synzytialvirus in Echtzeit-System Abbott m2000 bekannt
3. IntelligentMDx Receives FDA Clearance for IMDx VanR for Abbott m2000 assay
4. PAREXEL Chief Operating Officer Dr. Mark A. Goldberg Receives Special Recognition Award
5. Leica Biosystems Receives FDA Approval for the Fully Automated Bond Oracle™ HER2 IHC System on the Leica BOND-MAX
6. Nephros Receives 510(k) Clearance for Hemodiafiltration System
7. ProUroCare Medical Receives FDA Clearance for ProUroScan Elasticity Imaging System
8. BONESUPPORT Receives Red Herring 2012 Top 100 Europe Award
9. Diabecline Antibiotic Receives Edison Award for Best New Pharmaceutical Product
10. Lexicon Receives Funding for Phase 2 Clinical Trial of LX4211 in Type 1 Diabetes
11. Alexza Receives Complete Response Letter for Adasuve™ NDA