BOSTON, Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- InspireMD, Inc. (NYSE MKT: NSPR) ("InspireMD" or the "Company"), a leader in embolic protection systems, today announced the appointment of Rick Olson as Vice President of Global Sales Operations based in the United Kingdom.
Mr. Olson, 52, will be responsible for fully implementing the global sales strategy the Company has developed over the past several months. Also, his extensive experience in coronary, vascular and peripheral product sales will enable the Company to begin to advance commercial efforts across all three therapeutic areas.
Mr. Olson is a 25-year global sales, marketing and management executive with expertise in developing and executing strategies to achieve scalable growth for an array of novel medical device technology companies, including Boston Scientific and Covidien. Prior to joining InspireMD, Mr. Olson served as the Director of International Strategy and HPMS (High Performance Management System) at Covidien. Before it was acquired by Covidien, Mr. Olson was Director of International Neurovascular Marketing & Sales Force Development at ev3, Inc., where he initiated market development and sales execution strategies for all OUS markets. During his tenure with ev3, revenues increased from less than $5 million to over $400 million in sales leading up to the acquisition of ev3 by Covidien in 2008. Prior to that, Mr. Olson spent nine years at Boston Scientific where he served in various sales and marketing leadership positions both in Europe and the United States. Mr. Olson holds a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Oregon State University.
"We are delighted to have Rick join the team at this important time in the Company's commercialization efforts," commented Alan Milinazzo<
SOURCE InspireMD, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. InspireMD Announces First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
2. InspireMD Announces Positive 3-Year Results from Extended MAGICAL trial
3. InspireMD to Present at Inaugural Marcum Microcap Conference on June 20th in New York
4. InspireMD to Present at Harvard Investors Group on June 27 in New York
5. InspireMD Announces Positive Results From MGuard(TM) Stent MASTER Trial for Emergency Treatment of Heart Attack Patients
6. InspireMD Reports Results For Period Ending Sept. 30, 2012
7. Positive Results of InspireMDs MASTER Trial to be Published on November 6 in Journal of American College of Cardiology
8. InspireMD to Discuss MGuard(TM) and the MASTER Randomized Trial Results at the ICI 2012 Meeting
9. InspireMD Reports Results for Period Ended Dec. 31, 2012
10. InspireMD Files Amended Registration Statement for Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
11. InspireMD Receives CE Mark Approval for Carotid Embolic Protection Stent