DUBLIN, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Infusion Pumps Markets Worldwide" (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vjvwj2/infusion_pumps) report to their offering.
The Infusion Pumps Market is projected to reach over $7.6 billion by 2018. The most commonly used drug infusion pumps are seen in healthcare facilities; these range from large, volumetric pumps, ambulatory pumps, syringe pumps and enteral feeding pumps. Many compact portable models are also available for homecare and alternate care use. Individual-use, pumps that allow more independent and active lifestyles, include the wearable insulin pumps and implantable pumps
The report on the worldwide market for Infusion Pumps discusses how growth in this market is shaped by trends in regulatory requirements, technology, clinical use, geographical variations and demographic factors, etc. Some of the issues highlighted in this report include:
- Pump and administration set recalls, mandatory withdrawals and more stringent testing have impacted revenues from many well established brands and models of infusion pumps over the last few years. The US market has been the hardest hit.
- The recent revenue impact while significant for certain product segments like volumetric and ambulatory pumps, is overshadowed by rising demand worldwide.
- Volumetric pumps account for the largest share of revenues, while ambulatory pumps lead in unit sales.
- In mature markets, sales of administration sets and other accessories is an important source of recurring revenue.
- Highest overall growth is projected in the emerging markets of Asia and Latin America.
- The insulin patch pump segment is currently the most dynamic in terms of innovation
- Implantable pump segment is severely impacted in the short-term due to pump malfunction and recalls.
- Syringe pumps will retain their foothold in all regional markets, and will be one of the highest growth segments on a global level.
Key Topics Covered:
SECTION 1 - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
SECTION 2 - PRODUCTS AND MARKETS
SECTION 3 - US MARKET
SECTION 4 - LATAM MARKET
SECTION 5 - EUROPEAN MARKET
SECTION 6 - JAPANESE MARKET
SECTION 7 - REST OF ASIA PACIFIC (ROAPAC) MARKET
SECTION 8 - REST OF THE WORLD (ROW) MARKET
SECTION 9 - COMPANY REVIEWS
SECTION 10 - RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Companies Mentioned - Please click the link below for a full list of companies mentioned
- AKAS Medical
- Animas Corp.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Beijing Rising Medical Co. Ltd.
- DePuy/ Codman & Shurtleff Inc.
- Farafan Engineering Co.
- HK Surgical
- Hospira Inc.
- Insulet Corp.
- J-KEM Scientific Inc.
- Medrad Inc.
- Medtronic Inc.
- Roche Inc.
- Samtronic Industria e Comercio Ltda.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Inc.
- Zoll Medical Corp.
- Zyno Medical LLC
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vjvwj2/infusion_pumps
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood , Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Medical Devices
|SOURCE Research and Markets|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved