CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- The landscape of scientific publications strategy, planning and delivery is changing with the advent of transparency guidelines. Half of global publications groups are fully located in the marketing function, but publications leaders foresee a shift to medical groups to increase clinical presentation, according to a new report released by Best Practices, LLC.
In a benchmarking study that included such influential companies as Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Lilly and Merck, it was found that 14 percent of participating pharmaceutical and biotech companies avoid using global or regional marketing representatives to develop their global publications strategy. These companies, which align publications strictly within the medical group, receive strategic input from medical directors, advisor physicians and biostatisticians.
For a complimentary summary of the full report "Scientific Publications
Strategy: Managing Reputation, Clinical Trial Results and Commercial
Relevance," click on the following link
http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr790.htm. The study guides pharmaceutical
and biotechnology companies in the transition to the new publishing
environment to create the desired synergy between credibility of scientific
rigor and increased commercial success.
Other key topic areas in the research include:
- Impact of transparency guidelines on publications, planning and
- Tactics for handling publication of neutral or negative clinical trial
- Optimal structure for the global publications function
- Transition of global publication function from commercial to clinical
- Strategy changes for the new marketplace
Among the key topics gathered in this report are:
- Centralization of publications strategy, planning and delivery
- Trends surrounding regional strategy contribution
- Strategies for publishing neutral/negative results
- Outsourcing of global publications resources
- Measures used for performance evaluation
For more information on this report, contact Robert Naylor at email@example.com or (919) 767-9244. To access the full report or download a complimentary copy of the report summary, go to http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr790.htm.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC, conducts work based on the simple yet profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies. For more than 15 years, our highly credentialed research staff has conducted primary research exclusively for our Fortune 500 client base.
|SOURCE Best Practices, LLC|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved