SAN FRANCISCO, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction patented techniques for improved patient control and selective access to electronic medical records. The lot will be included in the 16th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on July 26, 2012, at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco, California.
"We are excited to be offering this portfolio to our global base of buyers," says Dean Becker, CEO ICAP Patent Brokerage and ICAP Ocean Tomo auctions.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a portable, remotely controlled database (i.e. medical records) system.
- A patient's electronic medical records are stored on a central database.
- Patient-controlled remote access is enabled over a public network.
- Patients can access and control their medical records and authorize other medical personnel for access by using an identifier.
- A range of identifiers can be used: ID/passphrase combination, bar code, smart card, or biometric sample etc.
- Patient control can help in scheduling and sending appointment reminders, emergency notification, tracking medical tests with costs and urgent care services based on the records.
- Hence, this patient-controlled system reduces dosage mistakes and automatically generates medical insurance claims.
- Various companies active in managing online medical record/database have cited this portfolio, indicating the importance of this technology in the industry.
This is an important portfolio for companies providing database management systems for medical service providers.
- Electronic medical records will be of growing importance throughout the health care system.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include: Siemens Medical Solutions, IBM, MAX Well Medical, MyMedicalRecords.com, Medco Health Systems, HX Technologies, Expanse Networks, NxStage Medical, PatientsLikeMe, Inc., Maxwell Scandinavia AB, Health Trio LLC, Intuit Inc. And Healthport Technologies, LLC.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
Follow us on Twitter (@ICAP_Auction_IP) and join our Linkedin group.
About ICAP Related medicine technology :1
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
. Kewaunee Scientific Reports Significantly Improved Results for Fourth Quarter2
. Research Shows Improved Brain Performance With Citicoline3
. Halozymes Ultrafast Insulin Formulations Improved Postprandial Glycemic Control in Patients Living with Type 1 Diabetes: Phase 2 Study Results Presented at ADA 20124
. Stereotaxis Reports Improved First Quarter 2012 Financial Results5
. Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Brazil - Regulatory Framework Forces MNCs to Partner with Local Players Resulting in Profit and Control Sharing6
. NeuroSigma Receives Global Quality Control Certification7
. GlaxoSmithKline Share Their Insight on Understanding DDI With a View to Better Prediction and Control8
. DebMed® to Debut Benefits of Worlds First Electronic Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring System Using the WHO Five Moments at Annual Infection Control Conference9
. Accident Fund Holdings Aims to Improve Control of Drug Utilization and Quality of Care with Change in Pharmacy Benefit Manager10
. Celleration, Inc. Announces First Patient Enrollment in In-Balance VLU Randomized Control Trial11
. Mindray Medical to Acquire Controlling Stake in Hangzhou Optcla Medical Instrument