SAN DIEGO, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IMMY), a pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing novel drug formulations invented by physicians and pharmacists through their clinical experience with patients, today announced the hiring of John Saharek to serve as Vice-President of Commercialization for Ophthalmology.
In his role leading commercialization activities for Imprimis's two lead ophthalmic compounded formulations, Saharek will be chiefly responsible for the "Go Dropless" marketing campaign and related outreach to leading ophthalmologists in the US and abroad. Imprimis's first compounded formulation is a combination of two or more of Triamcinolone + Moxifloxicin + Vancomycin as an injectable solution. What makes Imprimis's patent-pending formulation unique is that these formulations are in an injectable solution that can be administered during certain eye surgeries. No mixing, shaking or adding anything – simply draw and inject. Imprimis's second compounded drug formulation is a patent-pending lyophilized Epinephrine + Lidocaine or Phenylephrine + Lidocaine. Imprimis believes these formulations, which are easily reconstituted prior to injection, will offer eye surgeons a stable and reliable source of known mydriatic agents. In an effort to create awareness about these formulations, Imprimis will soon debut its "Go Dropless" campaign which will encourage ophthalmologists to consider reducing dependence on post-op eye drops, freeing their patients from the expense and inconvenience of eye drops and to simplify their lives with less pharmacy and more control.
"John is an experienced ophthalmology industry leader with a 25 year track record of delivering results to a range of leading companies," said Mark
SOURCE Imprimis Pharmaceuticals
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Its Attendance at the American Academy of Ophthalmology in New Orleans, Nov. 16-19
2. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc. Announces Shift in Strategic Direction
3. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Acquires Intellectual Property for Ophthalmic Compound Development Opportunity
4. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Present at the Southern California Investor Conference on Thursday, August 8, 2013 at the Island Hotel in Newport Beach, CA. The presentation is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT
5. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Institutional Review Board (IRB) Approval for its Phase III Clinical Trial Protocol; Phase III Clinical Trial to Begin in 3Q 2013
6. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Acquires Intellectual Property Assets from Buderer Drug Company
7. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Present at the National Investment Banking Association (NIBA) Conference June 18th in New York City
8. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Announces Underwriter Exercise of Over-Allotment Option
9. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Out Licenses Its Proprietary IP to resolutionMD for Cosmeceutical Products
10. Imprimis Announces Key Leadership Appointments
11. Imprimis Announces Successful Results from its Pharmacokinetic Study for its Impracor Topical NSAID