CLINTON, N.J., July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Ikaria, Inc. today announced that Craig Tooman will join Ikaria as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). In this role, Mr. Tooman will be responsible for all financial functions of the company, as well as for information technology services. Mr. Tooman succeeds Elizabeth Larkin, who left the company in March to pursue other interests. He will assume his new role at the beginning of August.
"I am delighted that Craig will join us in this key executive role, and am confident that we will benefit greatly from his knowledge and experience in effectively managing the financial aspects of our business," commented Daniel Tasse, Chairman and CEO of Ikaria. "I believe that Craig's expertise -- combined with our product pipeline and commercial capabilities -- will help us achieve our vision of becoming a leader in critical care. I also wish to thank Liz for building a strong foundation from which we can build."
Mr. Tooman has over 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and joins Ikaria from Enzon Pharmaceuticals, where he was Executive Vice President of Finance and CFO since 2005. Prior to joining Enzon, he served as Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning and Corporate Communications at ILEX Oncology, Inc., which was acquired by Genzyme in 2004. He also played a significant role in the 2001 merger between Pharmacia & Upjohn and Monsanto that created the Pharmacia Corporation, having served in various positions within its predecessor companies Pharmacia & Upjohn and The Upjohn Company. Mr. Tooman holds an MBA from the University of Chicago, and a BA from Kalamazoo Colleg
SOURCE Ikaria, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. AIDS Healthcare Foundation Names Homayoon Khanlou, M.D. as its Chief of Medicine, U.S.
2. Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise Names Alan Bernstein as Inaugural Executive Director, Opens New Secretariat
3. Xytis Names Gordon H. Busenbark as Chief Financial Officer
4. PLC Medical Systems Names Lead Investigators for Pivotal Trial to Evaluate RenalGuard System(TM) and RenalGuard Therapy(TM)
5. Association of Clinical Research Organizations (ACRO) Names Dr. Derek Winstanly Chair-Elect
6. California Cryobank Names Richard Jennings President of FamilyCord Division
7. Zeltiq Aesthetics Names Gordie Nye to Serve as New CEO
8. ParagonRx Names Ellen M. Derrico To Chief Marketing Executive Post
9. Boston Business Journal Names NxStage(R) Medical Third Fastest Growing Company in Massachusetts
10. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Expands Management Team; Names Mark Anderson, Ph.D. as Chief Scientific Officer
11. ThermoGenesis Names Jorge Artiles Vice President, Chief Quality and Regulatory Affairs Officer