LAKE FOREST, Ill., April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, announced that Matthew R. (Matt) Stober has been named senior vice president, Operations, effective today. In addition to expanding his current U.S. responsibilities to assume leadership for all of Hospira's pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, Mr. Stober will have responsibility for the operations functions, including manufacturing science and technology, engineering, competitive strategy, health and safety, supply chain and procurement. Mr. Stober succeeds John B. Elliot , who has led the Operations organization since April 2012 and will provide continuity of support until his retirement at the end of the year. Both Mr. Elliot and Mr. Stober will serve as members of the company's senior leadership team, led by F. Michael Ball , chief executive officer.
"Matt brings the perfect blend of vision and experience to our operations organization, backed by a proven track record of success at Hospira," said Mr. Ball. "In his expanded role, we're confident Matt will continue to successfully advance our dual commitment to remediate and modernize our processes and operations while delivering patient-critical products, and ultimately establish our manufacturing operations as a strategic, competitive advantage. We thank John for his strong counsel and continued support during the transition and look forward to Matt's many additional contributions."
Mr. Stober, 45, joined Hospira in 2011 as its corporate vice president, U.S. Pharma Operations, where he has held primary responsibility for Hospira's Rocky Mount, N.C.; McPherson, Kan.<
SOURCE Hospira, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Hospira to Host Conference Call for First-Quarter 2013 Results
2. Hospira Announces Executive Changes
3. Hospira Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2012 Results
4. Hospira to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
5. Hospira and Q Core Medical Sign International Distribution Agreement for Sapphire Infusion System
6. Hospira to Present at the J.P. Morgan 31st Annual Healthcare Conference Jan. 8, 2013
7. Hospira Reports Third-Quarter 2012 Results
8. Hospira to Acquire Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Manufacturing and R&D Facilities
9. Hospira Reports Second-Quarter 2012 Results
10. Hospira Expands Board of Directors With Election of Dennis M. Fenton
11. Hospira to Host Conference Call for Second-quarter 2012 Results