(2) Non-GAAP adjusted earnings per share was calculated based on 269,379 and 264,958 weighted average diluted shares outstanding for the three months ended December 29, 2012 and December 24, 2011, respectively.
(3) To reflect a non-cash charge attributable to the amortization of intangible assets.
(4) To reflect a net charge to operating expenses attributable to contingent consideration related to certain of the Company's acquisitions.
(5) To reflect non-cash interest expense related to the Company's Convertible Notes.
(6) To reflect certain costs associated with the Company's acquisition(s).
(7) To reflect restructuring and other charges.
(8) To reflect a non-cash adjustment recorded for the fair value write-up of inventory acquired from Gen-Probe and sold during the current reporting period.
(9) To reflect a non-cash fair value adjustment for additional depreciation expense related to the fair value write-up of fixed assets acquired from Gen-Probe.
(10) To reflect a net gain resulting from the $60 million cash payment received from KV in final settlement of an agreement, net of costs associated with this transaction.
(11) To reflect the net impact from miscellaneous transactions during the period.
(12) To reflect an estimated annual effective tax rate of 32.0% on a non-GAAP basis. This rate reflects the annual benefit in fiscal 2013 from the reinstatement of the federal research tax credit.
(13) To reflect an annual effective tax rate of 34.0% on a non-GAAP basis.
Future Non-GAAP Adjustments:Future GAAP EPS may be affected by changes in ongoing assumptions and judgments relating to the Company's acquired businesses, and may also be affected by nonrecurring, unusual or unanticipated charges, expenses or gains, all of which are excluded in the calculation of non-GAAP adjusted EPS as described in
|SOURCE Hologic, Inc.|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved