BATESVILLE, Ind., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HRC) announced financial results for its fiscal second quarter ended March 31, 2013 and provided its third quarter and updated full year outlook. Adjusted earnings per diluted share of $0.49 were in line with the Company's guidance, but down 17 percent from $0.59 in the prior year as declines in the organic business and imposition of the medical device tax were partially offset by acquisition earnings. Reported earnings per diluted share decreased to $0.37 from $0.40 in the prior year.
Adjustments to reported earnings and EBITDA are detailed in the reconciliation schedules provided.
Hill-Rom's quarterly revenue was $426 million, on both a reported and constant currency basis, a 3 percent increase compared to last year in each case. Excluding the impact of acquisitions, revenue declined approximately 6 percent. Domestic revenue was $274 million, up 5 percent, while revenue outside the United States decreased 1 percent to $152 million.
Management Comments"Although revenue was down slightly from our expectations in the face of continued market uncertainty, we are pleased that we were able to deliver adjusted earnings in line with our guidance through disciplined management of our cost structure," stated John Greisch, President and CEO. "As demonstrated by our recent actions, we are committed to taking the necessary steps to improve margins for the long term and maintain our strong, consistent cash flow."
Financial and Operational Highlights -- Second quarter revenue highlights include:
-- North America. North America revenue declined 6 percent to $240 million. Capital sales decreased 7 percent due primarily to a 9 percent decline in U.S. Patient Support Systems revenue. Rental revenue declined 5 perce
SOURCE Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Related medicine technology :
1. Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. to Host Investor Conference May 7
2. Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. Hosts Fiscal 2013 Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
3. Hill-Rom Elects William H. Kucheman to its Board of Directors
4. Hill-Rom Announces Second Quarter 2013 Dividend
5. Hill-Rom to Participate in the 2013 Citi Global Healthcare Conference
6. Hill-Rom Reports Fiscal First Quarter Results; Updates 2013 Financial Outlook For R&D Tax Credit Reinstatement
7. Hill-Rom Announces First Quarter 2013 Dividend
8. Hill-Rom to Participate in the 24th Annual Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference
9. Hill-Rom Announces Fourth Quarter 2012 Dividend
10. Hill-Rom to Participate in the Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference
11. RoundTable Healthcare Partners Announces Sale of Aspen Surgical Products Holding, Inc. to Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.