Despite efforts to change, including the increased use of technology, the industry has not made significant progress in improving the self/local contracting process. The founders of aptitude believed that there had to be an innovative approach that combines the flexibility of direct contracting with the advantages of the time-tested national model.
"Today, aptitude is being introduced as a contracting alternative; one that complements existing models," Mr. Kirchenbauer said. "Our early adopters --both on the supplier and the hospital side -- have been pleased with initial results. And while these organizations stand to benefit from this new approach, we feel that aptitude has the potential to lower the overall cost of providing care in our industry."
The aptitude philosophy is not a one-sided approach, nor is it an RFP generator or a reverse auction tool. As the industry's first online contracting market, it facilitates the entire contracting process and life cycle while providing insight and value to both hospitals and suppliers. By January, 2014, aptitude expects participation from over 75 healthcare organizations and 80 product categories available for direct contracting.
As the healthcare's industry's first online direct contracting market, aptitude LLC was developed to meet the evolving demands of today's healthcare organizations. Hospitals and suppliers are intrigued by how aptitude re-imagines the local contracting model and provides the driving force for a more logical market in which h
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) to Report First Quarter Financial Results on April 20
2. Thoratec Schedules First Quarter Conference Call, Webcast
3. Watson to Host Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss First Quarter 2012 Earnings
4. CVS Caremark Corporation to Hold First Quarter 2012 Conference Call
5. Savient Pharmaceuticals to Hold First Quarter 2012 Financial Results Conference Call on Wednesday, May 9, 2012
6. Alexza to Announce 2012 First Quarter Financial Results on Thursday, May 10, 2012
7. 3SBio Inc. Schedules Unaudited First Quarter 2012 Results
8. Insmed to Host 2012 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call
9. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group to Announce First Quarter 2012 Financial Results on Wednesday, May 9, 2012
10. Henry Schein to Webcast First Quarter 2012 Conference Call Tuesday, May 8, at 10:00 a.m. EDT
11. Novelos Therapeutics Announces Successful Completion of First Cohort In Lung Cancer Trial With I-124-CLR1404 (LIGHT) Cancer-Targeted PET Imaging Agent at UW Carbone Cancer Center