READING, Mass., July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Health eVillages, a program founded by Donato Tramuto and Physicians Interactive in partnership with the not-for-profit Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights (RFK Center), has appointed five new members to its Advisory Board.
Health eVillages provides iPod®, iPad® and other handheld devices equipped with specialized reference and clinical decision support tools to improve primary and preventive healthcare in underserved areas around the world.
"We are proud to announce the addition of these five fantastic non-profit and corporate executives to our Advisory Board," said Donato Tramuto, the Founder of Health eVillages. "As Health eVillages continues to grow its presence across the globe, we are excited to be able to mine the breadth and depth of experience that Brad Fluegel, Spencer Warden, Mike Hamilton, Lorri L. Jean and Ulya Khan bring to the table. We look forward to using their guidance to help shape innovative, strategic approaches to bringing quality healthcare to people in some of the most underserved areas around the world."
Since its inception in 2011, Health eVillages has made a significant impact in improving access to critical, live-saving medical information worldwide, launching programs in Africa, Central America, Pacific nations, the Caribbean and areas of Louisiana affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The most recent additions to the Health eVillages Advisory Board include:
- Brad Fluegel is the Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer at Walgreens Co. Prior to coming to Walgreens in 2012, Fluegel was an executive at several prominent healthcare companies, including Wellpoint, Aetna, Inc., United Health Group and Tillinghast-Towers Perrin. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Metropolitan Jewish Health System in New York City, Health Integrated, Inc., and Performant Financial Corp.
- Spencer Warden is the Provider Engagement Lead at Dabo Health Inc., which provides a community healthcare platform to view and track improvement in key performance metrics and allows for collaboration across hospitals and healthcare systems. Spencer's responsibilities at Dabo Health include business development, corporate strategy, and strategic partnerships in the Hospital and Payer marketplace. He previously worked for Eli Lilly as a Sales Representative in San Francisco's Neuroscience sleeve.
- Mike Hamilton, President of Engagement at Blood: Water Mission, has received numerous honors for his work with youth and children, especially for orphan crisis issues and healthcare needs in Africa. Hamilton came to Blood: Water after 26 years in intercollegiate athletics at Clemson University, Wake Forest University, and the University of Tennessee. He also served on the board for Show Hope and chaired the Knoxville Chamber Partnership and the local United Way Chapter in Knoxville.
- Lorri L. Jean is a nationally recognized leader in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender ("LGBT") civil rights movement. She serves as CEO of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, the world's largest LGBT organization. Previously, Jean served as the Executive Director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Jean was the first openly gay or lesbian person to receive a top secret security clearance from the Central Intelligence Agency, and with her appointment in 1989 as Deputy Regional Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency ("FEMA"), she became the highest-ranking openly gay or lesbian person in the Federal government. OUT Magazine has twice named her one of the 50 most powerful gay people in the nation and Los Angeles Magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in Los Angeles.
- Ulya Khan, the Chief Operating Officer at Physicians Interactive, has more than 20 years of experience in technology, data and operations. Prior to joining Physicians Interactive, Khan held several leadership positions including Chief Operating Officer and Chief Of Staff at Thomson Reuters in London and New York City, where she was instrumental in building and exponentially growing several businesses and managing global teams across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Additional members of the Health eVillages Advisory Board include:
- Donato Tramuto, Founder, CEO and Vice Chairman of Physicians Interactive
- Steve Andrzejewski, Chief Executive Officer of Spiritus Pharmaceuticals
- John Boyer, President and General Manager of MAXIMUS Federal Services
- Dr. Tim Bristol, Nurse Educator
- Caleb DesRosiers, Healthcare Counsel at Foley Hoag LLP
- Greg Divis, President and CEO of KV Pharmaceutical
- Dr. Mary Jane England, Professor at Boston University School of Public Health
- Mark Friess, CEO and Founder, WelVU, Inc.
- Dr. Antoinette Hays, President, Regis College
- Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights
- Devin Paullin, Executive Vice President of Corporate Business Development of Physicians Interactive
- Derek Rago, Vice President of Marketing & Strategy, McKesson Patient Relationship Solutions
- Glen Tullman, Managing Director, 7Wire Ventures
- Neil Versel, Freelance Healthcare Journalist
About Health eVillages
Health eVillages, a program of the not-for-profit Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights and Physicians Interactive, provides state-of-the-art mobile health technology including medical reference and clinical decision support resources to medical professionals in the most challenging clinical environments around the world. For more information about Health eVillages, please visit http://www.healthevillages.org/.
About Physicians Interactive
Headquartered in Reading, MA, PI aspires to use the power of worldwide networks of healthcare professionals and life sciences companies together in ways that will change the practice and business of medicine for the better. PI's value proposition is to offer the life science industry a low-cost, virtual, multi-channel marketing approach that can be used to supplement currently promoted products, as well as non-promoted and orphaned products, that deliver benefits to physicians and patients. A key focus is providing services that fit into physicians' and healthcare professionals' daily workflow at the point-of-care when they make diagnosis, treatment and prescribing decisions. More information can be found at www.PhysiciansInteractive.com.
Amendola Communications for Physicians Interactive
Tim Boivin, 224.209.6495
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140220/MM69228LOGO
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE Physicians Interactive|
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Verus Healthcare Completes Over 85 Acquisitions2
. CVS Caremark and IBM Announce the "Technology Solutions for Smarter Health" Program in Partnership with the National Association of Community Health Centers3
. Merritt Healthcare is pleased to announce a merger between Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland ASC and the Ellicott City Ambulatory Surgery Center4
. Harmony Foundation Breaking Ground on Addiction Health Center5
. Health Care Equipment Equities Movers and Shakers -- Research on Covidien, Baxter, DexCom, and Boston Scientific6
. UKs Flagship Health & Safety Event Has Successful Inaugural Year in London7
. University Hospitals Case Medical Center Awarded $4.7 Million Grant from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services8
. Cadence Fitness & Health Center Certified as Medical Fitness Facility9
. Dynamic Healthcare Services Completes Progressive Home Medical Equipment of Clarion, PA Investment10
. EndoChoice Announces Health Canada License for Fuse Endoscopy System in Canada11
. Orthofeet Partners with American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) To Promote Foot Health and Mobility