LIVERMORE, Calif., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Halt Medical, Inc., today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared the Halt 2000GI™ Electrosurgical System for soft tissue ablation using radiofrequency energy. "This clearance to market is a major milestone for our customers, employees and investors," said Russ DeLonzor, President and Chief Operating Officer.
Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) with the Halt System is a very precise, minimally invasive procedure where a slender probe is inserted into the target tumor under ultrasound guidance. Once in position, the system delivers a specified amount of energy to the tissue. The heat generated in the process destroys the tumor, allowing it to be absorbed by the body. RFA therapy is rapidly becoming the treatment of choice among surgeons seeking minimally invasive solutions for relieving debilitating symptoms caused by a variety of diseases such as tumors of the liver, breast, prostate, bone, and kidneys.
"The Halt System offers broad advantages over surgery to doctors, their patients, and the healthcare system," according to Gordon Epstein, MD, Chief Technology Officer. "With traditional surgical interventions, layers of healthy tissue are cut through to gain access to the tumor. This leads to complications, significant pain, and long recovery times. With RFA, patients typically go home the same day and are back to work much sooner. The direct and indirect savings to the healthcare system as we replace radical surgery with minimally invasive procedures like Halt RFA will be in the billions of dollars."
Halt Medical was founded in 2005 by Jeffrey M. Cohen'/>"/>
SOURCE Halt Medical, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Apnex Medical, Inc. Names Chas McKhann President, Chief Executive Officer
2. Binder Biomedical, Inc. Announces the Release of the X-GRAFT(TM) Interspinous Device, as Part of Their QUANTUM(TM) Line of Spinal Allograft Devices, Manufactured at the University of Miami Tissue Bank
3. TriReme Medical, Inc. Receives FDA 510K Clearance for Glider(TM) PTA Balloon Catheter
4. Chinas leading electronic systems design event to highlight next-generation medical, automotive and green power technologies
5. Solta Medical, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter 2009 Results Release Date and Conference Call
6. Tenaxis Medical, Inc. Announces Completion of the Enrollment Phase of Their Pivotal Study
7. China Sky One Medical, Inc. Completes and Moves into New Corporate Headquarters
8. China Sky One Medical, Inc.s AMI Diagnostic Kit Recognized as a National Innovation Project by NDRC
9. Home Care of the Carolinas and Alliance Medical, Inc. Select Authentidates Inscrybe Healthcare to Improve Care Order Processing
10. Apnex Medical, Inc. Raises Additional $14 Million
11. China Sky One Medical, Inc. Achieved Progress in the Development of Two New Biological Testing Kits