Grifols is a global healthcare company with a 70-year legacy of improving people's health and well-being through the development of life-saving plasma medicines, hospital pharmacy products, and diagnostic technology for clinical use.
As a leading producer of plasma medicines, Grifols has a presence in more than 100 countries and is the world leader in plasma collection, with 150 plasma donation centres across the US. Grifols is committed to increasing patient access to its life-saving plasma medicines through significant manufacturing expansions and the development of new therapeutic applications of plasma proteins. The company is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, and employs more than 12,000 people worldwide.
In 2012, Grifols' sales exceeded 2,620 million euros. The company's class A shares are listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange, where they form part of the Ibex-35 (MCE:GRF). Its non-voting class B shares are listed on the Mercado Continuo (MCE:GRF.P) and on the US NASDAQ via ADRs (NASDAQ: GRFS). For more information visit www.grifols.com.
About Alpha1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency, also known as AAT deficiency or alpha-1, is an inherited disorder that causes a significant reduction in the naturally occurring protein, alpha1-proteinase inhibitor. While rare, alpha1 is the most common cause of genetic emphysema in adults and the most common cause of liver disease in children. Individuals suffering from alpha1 often develop severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) leading to disability and premature death. Alpha1 is estimated to affect 200,000 people in
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Grifols Initiates Safety Study of Inhaled Alpha1-Proteinase Inhibitor (Human) Following Orphan Drug Designation for Cystic Fibrosis
2. Study Finds Utilizing Integrated Medical and Pharmacy Data Improves Ability to Forecast Use of High-cost Specialty Treatments
3. Study Showed Patients Treated With The miraDry© System Experienced 82 Percent Sweat Reduction On Average
4. Asubio Initiates Landmark Clinical Study in Spinal Cord Injury
5. New Veridex Alliance Drives Study Of Circulating Tumor Cells In Men With Metastatic Prostate Cancer
6. Shingles Vaccine is Safe, According to New Study
7. Structural Trends to Profoundly Change Life Sciences Industry, Genpact Study Shows
8. Argos Therapeutics Secures $25 million Series D Financing to Commence Phase 3 ADAPT Study in Patients with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) in Mid-2012
9. Anthera Announces the Completion of Patient Dosing in Phase 2b PEARL-SC Study
10. Omthera Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Top-Line Results from Phase 3 EVOLVE Study
11. Accuray Launches First Study to Compare CyberKnife® SBRT to Surgery and IMRT for Treatment of Early-Stage Prostate Cancer