According to Scott McCreadie, Pharm.D, President of the McCreadie Group, "It is important that Vestigo works with companies such as Grifols to help close the loop on medication storage and security in the IDS market. This combined solution will help the IDS meet their regulatory and drug security needs in a way that is efficient and safe."
Juan M. Cana, General Manager of Grifols' Hospital Division acknowledged the importance Grifols places on the amelioration of IDS management by stating that "today's IDS management is, in many cases, a manually based activity with no technology dedicated to this important area of the hospital pharmacy. IDS faces many challenges each day to support research activities for all research groups and investigators. We believe the time is right to provide a combined solution with technologies that have been specially designed for the IDS to support investigational drug handling, control, and storage, as well as record keeping and drug accountability while increasing IDS efficiency. We think this can be a game changer for IDS activity."
Grifols is a global healthcare company with a 70-year legacy of improving people's health and well-being through the development of life-saving plasma medicines, hospital pharmacy products, and diagnostic technology for clinical use.
As a leading producer of plasma medicines, Grifols has a presence in more than 100 countries and is the world leader in plasma collection, with 150 plasma donation centres across the US. Grifols is committed to increasing patient access to its life-saving plasma medicines through significant manufacturing expansions and the development of new therapeutic applications of plasma proteins. The company is headquartered in Barcelona, S
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Grifols Initiates Safety Study of Inhaled Alpha1-Proteinase Inhibitor (Human) Following Orphan Drug Designation for Cystic Fibrosis
2. Grifols study demonstrates higher dose of PROLASTIN-C increases levels of alpha1-PI to within normal range in patients with AAT deficiency
3. Studie von Grifols zeigt, dass eine höhere Dosis von PROLASTIN-C den Alpha1-PI-Spiegel in Patienten mit AAT-Mangel in den normalen Bereich anhebt
4. Comprehensive Care Corporation Implements Steps to Increase Margins and Sustain Profitability
5. BioDrain Medical, Inc. Implements Initiatives to Position Itself for Sustained Growth
6. Talyst Implements Over Four Hundred 340B Programs
7. LABSCO Implements Leading-Edge Technology to Support Growth and Seize Opportunities in the Clinical Laboratory Market
8. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) to Report First Quarter Financial Results on April 20
9. Thoratec Schedules First Quarter Conference Call, Webcast
10. Watson to Host Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss First Quarter 2012 Earnings
11. CVS Caremark Corporation to Hold First Quarter 2012 Conference Call