DURHAM, N.C., Feb. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Gorbec Pharmaceutical Services, a rapidly expanding contract developer and manufacturer of prescription pharmaceutical products, is opening a GMP-compliant analytical laboratory in Yantai, China. This new facility will expand Gorbec's current services for analytical method development and testing. Gorbec is taking this action to better serve its U.S. customer base as well as develop a presence in the emerging Asian market.
Gorbec currently provides complete development, regulatory, analytical, and manufacturing services for U.S.-based customers. Gorbec's future plans call for an increased capacity to develop and submit New Drug Applications (NDA'S) and will require an expansion of analytical services. In an effort to improve efficiencies and reduce costs, the company has elected to locate the new analytical facility in China. The company's core business services, current analytical laboratory, and commercial manufacturing will remain in the U.S. The China facility is expected to open May 1st, 2010 but Gorbec is already working with customers who have plans to use some of the new facility's capacity.
The Yanti facility will operate under the direction of Gorbec's Vice President of Analytical Chemistry, Dr. Jing Chen. Dr. Chen received her PhD from Stanford University and brings a wealth of pharmaceutical experience to the operation. She joined Gorbec after holding various positions at Genentech Inc. and Alza Corporation. Working with Dr. Chen will be Yan Zhang who will oversee the daily operations locally in Yantai.
Gorbec's Founder and CEO, Mike Gorma
SOURCE Gorbec Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Lexicon Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 12th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference
2. Poniard Pharmaceuticals Announces Management Changes and Reduction in Force
3. Americas Pharmaceutical Research Companies Donate $35 Million to Relief Efforts in Haiti; More Help Coming
4. Anadys Pharmaceuticals to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference
5. ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 12th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference on February 9
6. ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Preliminary, Unaudited Revenue of $110.6 Million in 2009
7. Americas Pharmaceutical Research Companies Donate $25 Million to Relief Efforts in Haiti; More Help Coming
8. Diffusion Pharmaceuticals LLC Closes on $5.9 Million Financing
9. New Research from Best Practices Can Save Biopharma Companies Millions: Pharmaceutical New Product Planning - Structure and Activities to Drive Profitability
10. Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical Drugs - A Global Market Perspective
11. Conatus Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase II Clinical Trial in Combination With Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin for the Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)