OXFORD, England, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Glide Pharma, the pharmaceutical development and device company focused on the needle-free administration of solid dose formulations, today announced that it has completed a £14.0 million ($21.4 million) investment round. The fundraising was led by funds managed by Invesco Perpetual and supported by existing investors. To date, Glide Pharma has successfully completed five funding rounds raising approximately £24.9 million.
Glide Pharma will use the funds to scale up the manufacturing process for its proprietary Glide SDI® solid dose injector system, including both the drug product and device. This includes the validation of an aseptic pilot-scale production line for clinical testing, and scale up for the manufacture of Glide SDI® device components. The funds will also progress the development of the company's in-house programmes, which include epinephrine and parathyroid hormone.
"I am delighted to welcome Invesco Perpetual to Glide Pharma as an important new investor in this transformational fundraising. This substantial investment round clearly demonstrates the confidence our shareholders have in our innovative technology, and its potential to revolutionise the delivery of therapeutics and vaccines," said Mark Kirby , Glide Pharma's Chairman. "This fundraising follows recognition of Glide's novel technology by the UK government-backed Biomedical Catalyst scheme, which awarded the company £2.3 million funding for the development of a novel formulation of teriparatide (parathyroid hormone) for the treatment of osteoporosis."
The UK Biomedical Catalyst, which was announced by Prime Minister David Cameron in December 2011, is managed jointly by the Medical Research Council and the Technology Strategy Board.
About the Glide SDI®'/>"/>
SOURCE Glide Pharma
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Verathon, maker of GlideScope video laryngoscopes, provides free educational DVD to promote best practices in pediatric airway management.
2. TriReme Medical, Inc. Receives FDA Approval for Glider™ PTCA Catheter
3. CPhI in Partnership With PMI India Announces Pharma Project Management Conference
4. UBM Launches PharmaEvolution.com, an Online Peer-to-Peer Network for Pharmaceutical Industry Professionals
5. Alexza Pharmaceuticals Corporate Presentation to Be Webcast at Three Upcoming Investor Conferences
6. Arena Pharmaceuticals to Host Corporate Update and Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast on Monday, March 4
7. ShangPharma Corporation Announces Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
8. DelMar Pharmaceuticals Announces $1.6 Million Closing in Private Placement
9. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group to Announce Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results on Thursday, March 7, 2013
10. Royalty Pharma Announces Proposal To Acquire Elan
11. Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc. Receives FDA Response to Citizens Petition