Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion is a stereotactic radiosurgery system for brain and head targets that streamlines radiosurgery workflow and expands the treatable volume through an automated, multi-source collimator. Perfexion provides rapid set-up and treatment delivery to one or more tumors in a single session, and the potential to treat lesions anywhere in the head. The Extend program for Perfexion enables clinicians to treat–over two to five radiosurgery sessions–patients with larger tumors or lesions close to critical structures located in the brain, skull base and in other head/neck regions. Extend non-invasively fixes or immobilizes the patient's head, making hypofractionated Gamma Knife surgery practical for these cases.
Additional speakers will present their clinical experience using Leksell Gamma Knife to treat acoustic neuromas, benign and malignant tumors—particularly metastases—skull base lesions, AVMs and functional disorders.
Radiosurgery pioneers to be honored
The Pioneers in Radiosurgery Award will be presented to two clinicians who have made significant contributions to the advancement of radiosurgery and/or minimally invasive neurosurgery. In addition, Professor Ladislau Steiner, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurosurgery and Radiology at the University of V
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Baxter and The Alzheimers Disease Cooperative Study Group to Pursue a Phase III Study of Gammagard Liquid in Patients With Alzheimers Disease
2. Sugammadex Trials Demonstrate Rapid Recovery from Profound Neuromuscular Blockade During General Anesthesia
3. Elekta Announces Clinical Start-Up of New Leksell Gamma Knife(R) Perfexion(TM) at UPMC
4. Bertrand Study Finds Significant Value in Breast-Specific Gamma Imaging (BSGI) as an Adjunctive Procedure in Breast Diagnostics
5. FDA Advisory Committee Unanimously Recommends U.S. Approval of Sugammadex, the First and Only Selective Relaxant Binding Agent
6. Baxter Presents Latest Clinical Trial Results of GAMMAGARD LIQUID Administered Subcutaneously
7. Study Results of GAMMAGARD S/D and GAMMAGARD LIQUID in Patients with Mild-to-Moderate Alzheimers Disease Announced
8. Community Breast Center Experience Shows Real-World Application of Breast-Specific Gamma Imaging Has Significant Impact on Clinical Care
9. European Unions CHMP Issues Positive Opinion on Sugammadex
10. BRIDION(R) (sugammadex) Injection - First and Only Selective Relaxant Binding Agent - Approved in European Union
11. U.S. FDA Issues Action Letter for Sugammadex