CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- G1 Therapeutics, Inc. today announced that it has been selected as a MAIN/Stage presenter at the 2013 Southeast BIO Investor & Partnering Forum to be held November 6-7 at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia. Christy Shaffer, Ph.D., Executive Chair of G1's Board of Directors, will present to the audience of potential investors and partners on the afternoon of November 6. Jay Strum, Ph.D., President of G1, will also be in attendance.
The annual conference sponsored by Southeast BIO (SEBIO), the regional nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the growth of the Southeast's life sciences industry, will showcase innovative drug therapies, advanced medical devices, diagnostics and other cutting-edge healthcare technologies from throughout the Southeast. MAIN/Stage presenting companies have generally completed at least one round of institutional financing and were chosen by a selection committee of regional and national venture capitalists based on criteria including technology, market potential and company management.
G1's lead clinical candidate is a proprietary, potent and selective cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 4/6 inhibitor that has been evaluated in a number of pre-clinical studies for the potential treatment of chemotherapy-induced myelosuppression. In October 2013, the company raised $12.5 million in a Series A financing led by MedImmune Ventures that will enable it to advance its lead clinical candidate into clinical trials. Based on a recent pre-IND meeting with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, the company expects to file its IND by summer 2014 and initiate clinical testing before the end of 2014.
About G1 Therapeutics, Inc.
G1 Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held pharmaceutical company based in Chapel Hill, NC'/>"/>
SOURCE G1 Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cell Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
2. Sorrento Therapeutics Announces Closing of Public Offering of Common Stock
3. Abide Therapeutics Appoints Dr. Gary ONeill as Vice President of Biology
4. Boston Scientific Announces Schedule Of Major Presentations At Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2013
5. Juventas Therapeutics completes enrollment of Phase II STOP-HF study of JVS-100 in patients with symptomatic heart failure
6. Sorrento Therapeutics Announces Pricing of Public Offering of 4,150,000 Shares of Common Stock and Listing on NASDAQ
7. ISSYS Inc. will showcase its Titan Wireless Implantable Hemodynamic Monitor and its clinical study summary at the 25th Annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Conference (Booth 1638) in San Francisco (October 29 to 31, 2013)
8. Aratana Therapeutics Adds to Commercial Leadership Team
9. Mirati Therapeutics Prices Public Offering Of Common Stock
10. Shareholder Alert: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Announces Investigation of Repros Therapeutics, Inc.
11. Cell Therapeutics to Report Third Quarter Financial Results after Market on October 30, 2013