This March 2008 article and the entire 2000-2007 medical literature it reviews was available to the Inspector General had they chosen not to ignore it.
On April 13, 2009, I wrote the Office of the Surgeon General (OTSG) pressing him about his "sequence of deaths" statement and the existence of a definitive analysis of these sudden deaths. Four days later the OTSG responded: "The assessment is still pending and has not been released yet."
As of today, May 24, 1010, veteran’s wife, Diane VandeBurgt had “Googled” 128 (one hundred twenty eight) such veteran’s deaths: “dead in barracks,” “in bed,” “at work station.” Dead! None in a coma.
In her article Nearly 70 soldiers died in WTUs' first 16 months by Gina Cavallaro, Army Times, February 1, 2009 — the public heard a major "slip of the tongue" by Army officialdom: "More than 70 soldiers have died while assigned to one of the Army's 36 WTUs, but suicide is not the leading cause." Of those, nine (13%) were ruled suicides; six (9%) were pending investigation; 13 (19%) were killed in accidents; and 35 (50%) were from "natural causes." "Natural causes" in 20 year olds? "We do have warriors in transition who have died of cancer. There have also been heart attacks," said WCTO (Warrior Transition Command) spokesman Robert Moore.
How many "heart attacks?" Neither Cavallaro or Moore returned my calls.
On April 22
SOURCE Fred A. Baughman Jr., MD
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. VetSource Partners with Putney
2. Influenza is Leading Cause of Vaccine-Preventable Deaths for Kids; Despite CDC Recommendations, Moms Still Dont Vaccinate
3. Health Experts and Families Encourage Annual Childhood Flu Vaccination to Reduce Flu-Related Illnesses and Deaths in Children
4. Measles Deaths in Africa Plunge by 91%
5. PSA Screening Cuts Deaths by 20%, Says Worlds Largest Prostate Cancer Study
6. Landmark Study in The New England Journal of Medicine Shows HPV Testing Significantly Reduces Deaths from Cervical Cancer, Compared to other Methods Including Pap
7. Ticagrelor Reduced Cardiovascular Deaths and Heart Attacks in ACS Patients Undergoing Heart Procedures: New Data from PLATO Trial
8. Breaking the News, or Fueling the Epidemic? News Coverage of Opioid-Related Deaths Often Precede an Increase in Deaths, Study Finds
9. Lilly Presents New Data in Advanced Melanoma - A Difficult-To-Treat Cancer That Causes Majority of Skin Cancer Deaths
10. Alert: Two Overdoses of Tamiflu in Pediatric Patients in Pennsylvania
11. Boston Scientific Announces CE Mark Approval for New Devices to Treat Heart Failure and Sudden Cardiac Death