As there is no cure for emphysema, the goal of current treatment methods such as drug therapy (inhaled steroids, bronchodilators and antibiotics), supplemental oxygen, and pulmonary rehabilitation (breathing exercises) is to relieve symptoms and teach people how to live with the disease. Eventually, the disease will exhaust these treatment methods, leaving the patient with very few options for symptom relief.
About PneumRx Inc.
PneumRx, Inc. is a Mountain View, CA based medical device start-up focused on developing minimally-invasive solutions for unmet medical needs in pulmonary medicine. The flagship product, the RePneu® Lung Volume Reduction Coil, is designed to reduce lung volume and restore elastic recoil to improve lung function, exercise capacity, and quality of life for patients with emphysema. Made from shape-memory Nitinol, the RePneu Coil is designed to compress hyperinflated tissue and tether small airways to prevent airway collapse without blocking or inducing fibrosis, a key advantage over other endoscopic techniques. The RePneu LVRC is limited to investigational use in the U.S.A. Read more at www.pneumrx.com.
 National Emphysema Foundation, via http://www.emphysemafoundation.org/about-us.html
 Emma H Baker MD and Derek Bell MD. Blood glucose: of emerging importance in COPD exacerbations. Thorax 2009;64:830-832.
 Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program. COPD and Incident Cardiovascular Disease Hospitalizations and Mortality. Chest 2005: 128: 2068-075
 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Surveillance – United States
SOURCE PneumRx, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) to Report First Quarter Financial Results on April 20
2. Thoratec Schedules First Quarter Conference Call, Webcast
3. Watson to Host Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss First Quarter 2012 Earnings
4. CVS Caremark Corporation to Hold First Quarter 2012 Conference Call
5. Savient Pharmaceuticals to Hold First Quarter 2012 Financial Results Conference Call on Wednesday, May 9, 2012
6. Alexza to Announce 2012 First Quarter Financial Results on Thursday, May 10, 2012
7. 3SBio Inc. Schedules Unaudited First Quarter 2012 Results
8. Insmed to Host 2012 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call
9. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group to Announce First Quarter 2012 Financial Results on Wednesday, May 9, 2012
10. Henry Schein to Webcast First Quarter 2012 Conference Call Tuesday, May 8, at 10:00 a.m. EDT
11. Novelos Therapeutics Announces Successful Completion of First Cohort In Lung Cancer Trial With I-124-CLR1404 (LIGHT) Cancer-Targeted PET Imaging Agent at UW Carbone Cancer Center