NEW YORK, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Exosome Diagnostics, a developer of biofluid-based molecular diagnostic products for use in personalized medicine, today announced data demonstrating exosome technology performance in clinical applications which will be presented at the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles 2013 (ISEV 2013) annual meeting, April 16-20, in Boston. The ISEV meeting is the preeminent international conference in the rapidly growing field of exosome and microvesicle research.
"The ability to deliver full-length, high quality mRNA and microRNA from biofluids is critical to development of new research tools and clinical grade in vitro diagnostic tests not subject to the limitations of tissue biopsy," said Dr. Johan Skog , chief science officer of Exosome Diagnostics. "Our Alzheimer's disease findings are especially pertinent to advancing a molecular diagnostic test capable of detecting CNS disorders years before the onset of clinical symptoms when therapeutic intervention could provide the most benefit."
Dr. Skog will give two oral presentations. The first is entitled "Characterization of Exosome RNA as a Tool for Molecular Diagnostics", and will be given at 9:30 a.m. EDT on April 16 during the Frye Halloran Educational Symposium. The latest data on Exosome Diagnostics' proprietary biofluid RNA capture technology for disease biomarkers in urine, blood and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) will be presented. The second, to be given at 9:45 a.m. EDT on April 20, is entitled "The Use Of CSF Microvesicle RNA For Diagnosis Of Alzheimer's Disease". This presentation describes differences in CSF exosome microRNA expression associated with Alzheimer's disease and patients with subjective memory complaints but no evidence of Alzheimer's disease.
SOURCE Exosome Diagnostics
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Aethlon Medical (AEMD) Note: Cancer Research Discovery - Melanoma Exosomes Fuel Organ Metastasis
2. Aethlon Medical Announces Notice of Allowance of U.S. Patent Application Covering a Medical Device to Remove Microvesicular Particles, Including Exosomes
3. Exosome Presents Late-Breaking Study Demonstrating Ability to Profile RNA from Archived Clinical Trial Blood Samples at 2013 American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting
4. QBC Diagnostics Awarded GSA Contract
5. Quest Diagnostics Establishes Unique Healthcare Identifier to Improve Access to Vital Patient Health Information; 80 Million Patient IDs Created to Date
6. Heightened Awareness, Coupled with Expanding Patient Pool, Stimulates Sleep Apnea Diagnostics and Sleep Services Market, Says Frost & Sullivan
7. Ariosa Diagnostics to Present and Exhibit at the 16th International Conference on Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy
8. ZINO Society Targets Medical Devices, Healthcare IT and Diagnostics
9. Quest Diagnostics To Speak At The Wells Fargo Securities 2012 Healthcare Conference
10. Breakthrough Prostate Cancer Diagnostics
11. NicOx Signs Worldwide Licensing Agreement With Rapid Pathogen Screening, Inc. For Ophthalmic Diagnostics