PHILADELPHIA, May 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
This new Q&A session features industry leaders Dean Kamen and Dr. Thomas Fogarty offering their insights into the future of medical device development. Free for attendees at MD&M East Philadelphia on May 23.
On Wednesday, May 23 at 2:30pm, Medical Design & Manufacturing East (MD&M East) will present the special panel, "The Great Innovators: A Sit-Down Chat with Dr. Thomas Fogarty & Dean Kamen." Led by UBM Canon's Director of Content, Rich Nass, this live Q&A panel will feature renowned inventor Dean Kamen, and MDEA Lifetime Achievement Award winner Dr. Thomas Fogarty.
Mr. Kamen and Dr. Fogarty are two of the most important and innovative minds in the medical device industry today. Attendees will have the rare opportunity to interact directly with Mr. Kamen and Dr. Fogarty as they answer questions and share their insights into the future of medical device development and technology. This panel is free to all Expo attendees. Complete details and registration information are available at MDMEast.com.
About Dean Kamen
Dean Kamen is an inventor, entrepreneur, and advocate for science and technology. He has more than 440 U.S. and foreign patents and invented the first wearable infusion pump and the first wearable insulin pump for diabetes. Some of the many devices Mr. Kamen has worked on include the HomeChoice™ peritoneal dialysis system, Hydroflex™ surgical irrigation pump, the Crown™ stent, iBOT™ mobility device, and the Segway® Human Transporter. Mr. Kamen was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2000, the Lemelson-MIT Prize 2002, and has been inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 2005.
About Dr. Thomas Foga
SOURCE UBM Canon
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Knee Pain? An Exclusive Study Engineers Cartilage to Match Patients Own Tissue
2. PARI Nebulizer & Compressor Used Exclusively in Inspires Phase 3 CF Trial
3. Orion Genomics Gains Exclusive Worldwide Rights to the IGF2 Gene for Colorectal Cancer Risk Testing Through Licensing Agreement With Johns Hopkins University
4. Stem Cell Sciences Announces the Creation of the Worlds First Authentic Rat Embryonic Stem Cells from its Exclusively Licensed Technology
5. CEL-SCI Announces Expansion of Exclusive Licensing Agreement for Cancer Drug Multikine
6. Halozyme Therapeutics Announces Roche Begins Phase 1 Clinical Trial and Selects Fourth Exclusive Biologic Target
7. Transgenomic and Power3 Medical Complete Agreement for Exclusive License of Neurodegenerative Biomarker Test
8. The Quigley Corporation Licenses Naturally Derived Compound For Scar Improvement; License Requires Payments Totaling $1.1 Million To The Quigley Corporation Over A Five Year Period For Exclusive Ownership
9. DSM Obtains Exclusive World-Wide License for Innovative Drug Delivery Technology
10. John Legend and Gap Join (PRODUCT)RED(TM) to Help Eliminate AIDS in Africa with Exclusive (RED)ZONE Seating at Madison Square Garden
11. Debiopharm Group and Mercury Therapeutics, Inc. Sign an Exclusive License Agreement for the Development and Commercialisation of Debio 0930