SAN DIEGO, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Epic Sciences, Inc. ("Epic"), a privately held biotech company that designs and develops novel diagnostics to personalize and advance the treatment and management of cancer, announced today the completion of a $30 million Series C Preferred Stock financing. The financing included new investors RusnanoMedInvest (RMI) and Arcus Ventures, existing investors Domain Associates, Roche Venture Fund, and Pfizer Venture Investments, as well as undisclosed individual investors. With the proceeds of the financing, Epic will commercialize its circulating rare cell analysis platform with special focus on developing products and services to detect circulating tumor cells (CTC) in cancer. Epic's technology enables the rapid and minimally invasive characterization of protein biomarker and genomic profiles in CTCs allowing for superior therapy selection and the early drug resistance detection.
"Since our investment in the Series B, Epic has consistently expanded its commercial partnerships to develop new companion diagnostics, demonstrated the clinical utility of Epic's technology across a broad range of cancers, extended the capabilities of the core technology platform and attracted top talent to thoughtfully advance the company," said Kim Kamdar, Ph.D., partner at Domain Associates. "Domain Associates was enthusiastic to expand the investment and establish Epic as a premier provider of minimally invasive diagnostic tests to improve the precision of cancer care."
"With our partners, we have shown that Epic's CTC technology is sensitive, specific, and clinically relevant. We believe diagnostic tests developed with Epic technology will provide essential, real-time information to support a comprehensive view of a patient's cancer for better therapy matching and drug resistance monitoring," said Murali Pra
SOURCE Epic Sciences, Inc.
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Regado Biosciences to Provide Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results and Corporate Highlights
2. Edwards Lifesciences Reports Strong Second Quarter Results
3. Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Conference Call And Webcast To Report Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
4. Ambit Biosciences To Announce Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
5. GrowBLOX Sciences, Inc. Partners with LaurelCo, LLC to Obtain Licenses to Cultivate and Dispense Medical Marijuana in Illinois
6. Healthcare Sciences Publisher PLM and IBM Speed Access to Medical Information to Deliver Better Patient Care with Mobile
7. Alimera Sciences To Release Second Quarter 2014 Results
8. The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) Broadens Collaboration with Gilead Sciences: Signs Licence for Phase III Medicine Tenofovir Alafenamide (TAF)
9. Particle Sciences and Eyeon Therapeutics Receive Patent on Novel Dry Eye Technology
10. BioDelivery Sciences Appoints Charles J. Bramlage and Dr. Barry I. Feinberg to its Board of Directors
11. Pressure BioSciences to Develop Front-end Sample Preparation for Parabase Genomics Targeted Next Generation Sequencing Testing Platform