MALVERN, Pa. and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Endo Health Solutions (Nasdaq: ENDP) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, HealthTronics, Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its anatomical pathology business, HealthTronics Laboratory Solutions, Inc., ("HLS") to Metamark Genetics, Inc. ("Metamark") for an undisclosed amount. As previously announced Endo Health Solutions is pursuing strategic alternatives for HealthTronics, Inc. and believes the sale of HLS creates progress in this process.
Metamark is at the leading edge of research in cancer prognosis, which is a critical tool in determining appropriate cancer therapy. In the age of personalized medicine, particularly in oncology, Metamark's proprietary multiplex proteomic platform has the potential to reshape the landscape in cancer diagnosis and therapy.
HLS provides anatomical pathology services primarily to the urology community. The HLS pathology labs are located in Georgia and Pennsylvania and provide laboratory and diagnostic services to urologists throughout the U.S., with client practices in 41 states. In addition, HLS manages pathology laboratories for physician practice groups, provides administrative services to in-office pathology labs for practice groups, and provides pathology services to physicians.
"HLS is a recognized national reference lab providing specialized pathology services to the urology community with a reputation for quality," said Shawn M. Marcell, president and CEO of Metamark Genetics. "We believe joining forces with HLS will be instrumental to our success as we commercialize ProMark™, Metamark's novel prostate cancer test."
SOURCE Endo Health Solutions
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Metamark Genetics Board of Directors Appoints Shawn M. Marcell President and Chief Executive Officer
2. Avanir Pharmaceuticals Announces Diabetes Co-Promotion Agreement with Merck
3. PipelineRx Announces Telepharmacy Contract with GNYHA Services
4. ANI Pharmaceuticals Announces an Agreement for the Development and Marketing of an Oral Soft Gel Prescription Product with Sofgen Pharmaceuticals
5. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Continuance
6. PatientStream Announces Industry Top Performer, Tom McLaren, to Lead an Exclusive Education Webinar on Surgical Efficiency to 300+ hospitals nationwide.
7. ULURU Inc. Announces Conference Call To Discuss Financial Results For The Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2013
8. Northwest Biotherapeutics Announces Registered Direct Offering
9. PDL BioPharma Announces Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
10. Echo Therapeutics Announces Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
11. Alere Announces Preliminary Results Of Voting At Annual Meeting